Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (S)
    replied
    I just heard the news this morning, rest in peace friend.

Leave a comment:

• Mark57
    replied
    Great story and pics! [^][8D] Thanks for sharing.

<h5>Mark
    '57 Transtar Deluxe
    Vancouver Island Chapter
    http://visdc.shawwebspace.ca/ </h5>

Leave a comment:

• silverhawk
    replied
    Wow, I'm going to ask him about those stories, I'd like to hear them!

Dylan Wills

'61 lark deluxe 4 door wagon

Leave a comment:

• Bellingham Studenut
    replied

The meeting of great people is always a historic moment!

Dylan may very well be the youngest Studebaker driver out there and Oliver may very well be the oldest SDC member.
    Oliver was telling another great story of buying a new 1953 Studebaker Commander Starliner when they first became available near Boston MA.
    He and his brother immediately drove it to Bellingham WA, taking turns driving none stop.
    They bought a fur coat business in Bellingham and went straight back, so in 1 week he took the new car back into the Studebaker dealer and said he wanted his 2,500 mile service done!
    You can imagine the look on the dealers face, especially in 1953 when roads were a lot slower.[:0]
    The dealer must have known it was such a well built product, he could sell more with that testimonial and reference![^]
    Oliver also has a story about moving, pulling a trailer from MA through Canada to Bellingham with the same 53 Commander.

James

The Bell Collection
    Bellingham, WA.

Leave a comment:

• silverhawk
    replied
    Maybe the youngest driver, but there is younger owner's, so I don't feel totally alone, between them and Matt,lol.

Dylan Wills

Leave a comment:

• ozarkman
    replied
    So is Dylan officialy the youngest Studebaker driver out there?

Fred

**I'm not the best speller...FireFox catches most of my mistakes, but I use IE at work**

Leave a comment:

• silverhawk
    replied
    Thanks for posting that Mr.Bell, I appreciate it. I got that one saved, along with one other I got. Mr.Yanco was a amazing person, and I hope to talk to him again soon.

Dylan Wills

Leave a comment:

• jclary
    replied
    I think that we should call for this picture to be a front cover for a future (and soon) Turning Wheels!

John Clary
    Greer, SC

Life... is what happens as you are making plans.
    SDC member since 1975

Leave a comment:

• barnlark
    replied
    That's a terrific picture. [8D] Treasure that one, Dylan.

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    Very nice picture James, thank you for posting it, Stephanie for taking it and Dylan and Oliver for being there!

It is very good Dylan, that you got to talk with Oliver, he has much knowledge to share, and has a very sharp active mind! [^]

StudeRich

Leave a comment:

• Bellingham Studenut
    replied
    What does someone who is 94 years old and someone who just has his drivers permit (no license yet) have in common?

A love for Studebaker's (and good food) can be enjoyed by young and old!
    Oliver and Dylan got a chance to kick tires and share that interest by being member of the Studebaker Drivers Club and having some fun in Bellingham.
    Dylan has a car that's very old for his age and Oliver has a car that is very new for being 94 years old. Both are shown sitting in front of their cars.
    Dylan is also a military history buff and found more common interest when Oliver mentioned being in the 1st wave of infantry men to hit the beaches of Normandy in WWII.
    Meeting great people is always a great time!

James Bell

The Bell Collection
    Bellingham, WA.

Leave a comment:

• silverhawk
    replied
    Sweet! This is going to be a awesome meet! BTW, do you know how much consessions are? Just thought my parents would like to know. Thanks,

Dylan Wills

Leave a comment:

• Bellingham Studenut
    replied
    Dylan,

Hope you make it to the show.

When you are 94 years old, you can look back and remember what it was like to drive a real petrol powered automobile and talk to someone who watched real horse power turn to horseless carriages when he was your age.
    We can only hope to have as much enjoyment from driving Studebaker's as Oliver and hope future generations will appreciate them as much as you do!

The park is next to a river (curently full of Salmon) and there will be lots of fresh corn on the cob and baked goods to go with hot dogs

James

The Bell Collection
    Bellingham, WA.

Leave a comment:

• silverhawk
    replied
    Sure is Matt.

Dylan Wills

Leave a comment:

• silverhawk
    replied
    Rich, I sent you a email about that. But, it sounds like I'll be able to make it, with my wagon. By the sound of it, it will be a family activity, and we are taking 2 vehicals, my wagon, and our suburban( but not to enter it,lol.). So, its a extremely good chance I will be there, granting nothing else happens this week.

Dylan Wills

Leave a comment:

Working...
X