Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Kirchhoff
    replied
    Yeah, especially if the doctor is a proctologist!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• John Kirchhoff
    replied
    Yeah, especially if the doctor is a proctologist!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• gordr
    replied
    Could it be the fuel primer pump for a Weasel?

Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Leave a comment:

• gordr
    replied
    Could it be the fuel primer pump for a Weasel?

Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Leave a comment:

• bob40
    replied
    Dont know what it is but if I saw it in my Dr's office I'd be scared

Leave a comment:

• bob40
    replied
    Dont know what it is but if I saw it in my Dr's office I'd be scared

Leave a comment:

• railway
    replied
    Yep, It's a fuel primer pump. Before 28's the engine had a fuel vacuum system. There was a two part tank, the top would be supplied with vacuum, and atmosphere pressure would push the fuel from the main tank into the top tank, then the weight of the fuel would open a flapper valve and drop into the lower tank. and then gravity feed to the updraft carb. Simple system with much engineering. The lower tank has a float that stops the push of fuel, when getting full. But if setting to long engine off and the gas drain out, no vacuum, no gas in the vacuum system tank, no start. So the need for the hand vacuum primer. In the old days, when this system failed, owner would put a tire valve in the gas cap, and with the hand tire pump put pressure in the main tank, and push gas to the vacuum tank system. Work great till the main tank run out of pressure. Today rebuilders are removing to guts from the vacuum tank and installing an electric fuel pump.

Ebon...

Leave a comment:

• railway
    replied
    Yep, It's a fuel primer pump. Before 28's the engine had a fuel vacuum system. There was a two part tank, the top would be supplied with vacuum, and atmosphere pressure would push the fuel from the main tank into the top tank, then the weight of the fuel would open a flapper valve and drop into the lower tank. and then gravity feed to the updraft carb. Simple system with much engineering. The lower tank has a float that stops the push of fuel, when getting full. But if setting to long engine off and the gas drain out, no vacuum, no gas in the vacuum system tank, no start. So the need for the hand vacuum primer. In the old days, when this system failed, owner would put a tire valve in the gas cap, and with the hand tire pump put pressure in the main tank, and push gas to the vacuum tank system. Work great till the main tank run out of pressure. Today rebuilders are removing to guts from the vacuum tank and installing an electric fuel pump.

Ebon...

Leave a comment:

• John Kirchhoff
    replied
    Ain't that the thing Julia Child used to put icing on her crepes with? How about a primer pump for getting some gas to the carb?

Leave a comment:

• John Kirchhoff
    replied
    Ain't that the thing Julia Child used to put icing on her crepes with? How about a primer pump for getting some gas to the carb?

Leave a comment:

• 8E45E
    replied
    [quote]Originally posted by railway

Maybe a little hint.

Its either for the windshield washers, or the rare vaccuum powered radio antenna.

Craig

Leave a comment:

• 8E45E
    replied
    [quote]Originally posted by railway

Maybe a little hint.

Its either for the windshield washers, or the rare vaccuum powered radio antenna.

Craig

Leave a comment:

• railway
    replied
    Maybe a little hint.
    Not for sure but I think this has a AC #

Ebon...

Leave a comment:

• railway
    replied
    Maybe a little hint.
    Not for sure but I think this has a AC #

Ebon...

Leave a comment:

• railway
    replied
    No and No
    But studeclunker is getting a little warmer.

Ebon...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X