No announcement yet.

Stude pics in old magazines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That car still looks awesome.I went through a whole pile of the old custom magazines and set aside all the issues with Stude in them.Some make even myself cringe,but did find a few that were on the ok side.There was a picture of a Hawk with a 1959 El Camino bed grafted on.The magazines of the day admitted there wasnt much to do to the C/K's that enhanced the appearance as it was pure and perfect as is.
    Mono mind in a stereo world

Comment

That car still looks awesome.I went through a whole pile of the old custom magazines and set aside all the issues with Stude in them.Some make even myself cringe,but did find a few that were on the ok side.There was a picture of a Hawk with a 1959 El Camino bed grafted on.The magazines of the day admitted there wasnt much to do to the C/K's that enhanced the appearance as it was pure and perfect as is.
      Mono mind in a stereo world

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bob40

There was a picture of a Hawk with a 1959 El Camino bed grafted on.
        God help me, I'd like to see that one!![:I]

Robert K. Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
        Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

God help me, I'd like to see that one!![:I]

Robert K. Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
          Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

There was a CK in one of the car magazines in the late 50s early 60s that made me salivate. The front end had been damaged and the body shop did "A favor for a friend." They made an oval opening and inset a '54 Kaiser grill. Bourke should have designed it for '55!

Tom Bredehoft
            '53 Commander Coupe
            '60 Lark VI
            '05 Legacy Ltd Wagon
            All three Indiana built OD cars

Comment

There was a CK in one of the car magazines in the late 50s early 60s that made me salivate. The front end had been damaged and the body shop did "A favor for a friend." They made an oval opening and inset a '54 Kaiser grill. Bourke should have designed it for '55!

Tom Bredehoft
              '53 Commander Coupe
              '60 Lark VI
              '05 Legacy Ltd Wagon
              All three Indiana built OD cars

Comment

quote:

But what's up with the '55 dash on the passenger side? []
                The car was originally a 55 and the dash right side gage pod was added to hold a tach.

Lark Parker aka Trim Trader
                sigpic
                Lark Parker --Just an innocent possum strolling down life's highway.

Comment

quote:

But what's up with the '55 dash on the passenger side? []
                  The car was originally a 55 and the dash right side gage pod was added to hold a tach.

Lark Parker aka Trim Trader
                  sigpic
                  Lark Parker --Just an innocent possum strolling down life's highway.

Comment

That car was on eBay this summer...

Dick Steinkamp
                    Bellingham, WA
                    Dick Steinkamp
                    Bellingham, WA

Comment

That car was on eBay this summer...

Dick Steinkamp
                      Bellingham, WA
                      Dick Steinkamp
                      Bellingham, WA

Comment

You must have a fine monitor Matthew. On my screen, even after adjustments to contrast and brightness it just doesn't show the dash that well. My original photo does, guess I should have done some work on it during the scanning.

[img] http://home.comcast.net/~jdwain/63.63.jpg [/img]
                        Dwain G.
                        Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

You must have a fine monitor Matthew. On my screen, even after adjustments to contrast and brightness it just doesn't show the dash that well. My original photo does, guess I should have done some work on it during the scanning.

[img] http://home.comcast.net/~jdwain/63.63.jpg [/img]
                          Dwain G.
                          Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

I just took a second look at the two photos of the car Matthew posted from South Bend 2002. The owner, Tony Wisniewski, is the guy standing at the car's left door with a white goatee and the white hat with a red bill. [8D] BP
                            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I just took a second look at the two photos of the car Matthew posted from South Bend 2002. The owner, Tony Wisniewski, is the guy standing at the car's left door with a white goatee and the white hat with a red bill. [8D] BP
                              We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Working...
                              X