Lost money , sent to original owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost money , sent to original owner

For people that say they don't get their TW early, here is one person that gets his real early his name is Donald Fitzsimons from Grottoes, Va. the first thing he saw in there was the notice about lost money being found in Cedar Rapids, and he was taken by it and call Allen Meeker and lay claim to it, I just got off the phone with him myself after we had a nice long talk about Studebakers in general, the amount was $700.00...Bob

Bob Peterson / C & B Studebakers

Castro Valley, CA
    canbstudebakers-

]
    Candbstudebakers
    Castro Valley,
    California

Good job, Bob. [^][^][^] I got my TW today but haven't read it yet.

Comment

Btw, how did he lose it? Has to be a good story. You get the year's honest guy award, Bob. Not much of that around these days. Glad you had patience through all the theories & ideas on what to do with it. [8D]

Comment

It's nice that it found it's rightful owner, but the question in my mind is WHY DIDN'T HE MENTION HIS LOSS TO OFFICIALS OF THE MEET at that time???

Hey Bob. How about sharing what it was that the claimant could've identified this money with. Was it the amount, special money clip, what???

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
        1963 Cruiser
        1960 Larkvertible V8
        1958 Provincial wagon
        1953 Commander coupe
        1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

My guess would have been a money clip or a post it note stuck to it. Ya know.....the kinda note that say's.....money for parts only. This bundle for gas. [8D]

Too bad he didn't hop on the forum sooner (if aware of it, even as a lurker), the money could have returned sooner.
          Biggs does raise a good question. Maybe the party didn't know where to go, and report [?]

Good to hear.....case solved.

ChopStu

61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

By the way, I just got my July Visa bill, opened my checkbook, and found all the money I lost in Iowa, too.

Comment

His name is Donald Fitzsimons from Virginia, he and his brother drove up for a couple of days to see the cars and go to the swap meet, he didn't really find out until Thursday night that is was missing and they left on Friday morning, he didn't even tell his brother he lost it just wanted to keep it to his self he felt foolish for losing it, and he is mot a forum member or much to with computes, when he saw the post in TW he said maybe it is mine, he never reported it because he figured it was gone for ever, the amount was $700.00 5 $100.00's with a bank band on them and $200.00 in 20's and in a bank folder, the Meekers went on line and found where the banks were as it was a small one in the south I guess, so you can see why we figured it would be easy to claim, when he call he had no problem telling them what it looked like and how much, all is well that ends well, he is going to give some to the museum or one of the projects...Bob

Castro Valley, CA
              canbstudebakers-

]
              Candbstudebakers
              Castro Valley,
              California

Comment

If it were me, I'd get you at least a couple years of first class TW deliveries since it takes forever to find California! [^]

Comment

Bob, it's good this story ended in a happy way.

Perry
                  '23 Special Six,
                  '50 Business Champ,
                  '50 Starlight Champ,
                  '60 Lark droptop,
                  '63 GT R1
                  Perry
                  \'50 Business Champion
                  \'50 Starlight Champion
                  \'60 Lark Convertible,
                  \'63 GT R1,
                  \'67 Triumph TR4A

Comment

Mr. Peterson,
                    if what JDP says about Karma
                    is correct, you scored a hell of a lot of
                    points for what you did here!
                    I hope the sun shines on you, and some
                    good Studebaker related luck showers you.

Regards,
                    Peet

Comment

quote:Originally posted by candbstudebakers

His name is Donald Fitzsimons from Virginia, he and his brother drove up for a couple of days to see the cars and go to the swap meet, he didn't really find out until Thursday night that is was missing and they left on Friday morning, he didn't even tell his brother he lost it just wanted to keep it to his self he felt foolish for losing it, and he is mot a forum member or much to with computes, when he saw the post in TW he said maybe it is mine, he never reported it because he figured it was gone for ever, the amount was $700.00 5 $100.00's with a bank band on them and $200.00 in 20's and in a bank folder, the Meekers went on line and found where the banks were as it was a small one in the south I guess, so you can see why we figured it would be easy to claim, when he call he had no problem telling them what it looked like and how much, all is well that ends well, he is going to give some to the museum or one of the projects...Bob
                      Great news Bob. Don Fitzsimon is a nice, soft-spoken true southern gentleman. He is a long-time Studebaker owner and has some nice cars. Sadly, he lost his wife last year after a long battle with cancer.

Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia. '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Daytona convertible, '53 Commander Starliner, Museum R-4 engine, '62 Gravely Model L, '72 Gravely Model 430

Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
                      '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Paul, ya I had a nice long talk with Donald and I asked him if he knew you and of course he did but then not many Studebaker people don't know Paul Johnson, I am glad he got it back and that's what Studebaker people do, help others when they can, I know when I leave California in Oct. to Minnesota I will have my roster with me just in case I need any help along the way, never needed yet in past trips but knock on wood maybe some day, so far thing are starting to move and getting items ready for the trip looks like my 57 golden Hawk will be going to Ohio but I turn off at I35W to St. Paul, any one out there in that area that might be able to help by letting me drop it off and store it until the new owner can get there? now sure how long but things can be worked out, I have 3 "C" cab fenders dropping off in Laramie, Wy. and C/k fender to be picked up in St. Paul also maybe a full GH hawk front end to KC to a body shop to fix a damaged one, fender , hood, and all the parts related to the front, so if others are thinking of getting any thing don't sit on your hands with a car on the trailer it doesn't leave a lot of room in the truck for other items ...Bob

Castro Valley, CA
                        canbstudebakers-

]
                        Candbstudebakers
                        Castro Valley,
                        California

Comment

It's really good to hear that the lost money has been reunited with its owner.

SDC is full of fine people, and this incident is proof of that, should proof be needed.

Thanks, Bob.

Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands
                          Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

It's nice to hear a story with a happy ending!!!

Comment

quote:Originally posted by rusty65

It's nice to hear a story with a happy ending!!!
                              Yup sure is!

Studebaker folks are the best.

Pat

Pat Dilling
                              Olivehurst, CA
                              Custom '53 Starlight aka Stu Cool

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611
                              Pat Dilling
                              Olivehurst, CA
                              Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Working...
                              X