I.D.OF1947-1949

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I.D.OF1947-1949

how can you tell if the car is a 1949,1948 or 1949??? grill?taillights? i won't see the car until saturday. so don't know the id under the hood.yet.can't wait.i look up 47-9 and they all look the same to me.

2006,f-150,2x4,v-6,5-speed manual,8ft bed, will post stude info when i get it on the road.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1963 Cruiser
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

47 & 48 the front bumpers are straight the 49 they wrap around the front fenders. 47 to 48 different grill bars plus front hood emblem
      is larger.
      This site should help.

Mabel 1949 Champion
      Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
      Gus 1958 Transtar
      The Prez 1955 President State
      Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
      Daisy 1954 Commander Regal Coupe
      Fresno,Ca
      Mabel 1949 Champion
      Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
      Gus 1958 Transtar
      Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
      Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
      Fresno,Ca

Comment

On CHAMPIONS (I don't think you've specified yet) the grilles changed each year. That's the easiest way to I.D. the Champions. 47 stainless grille has a series of horizontal bars in the middle and 4 un-interrupted vertical bars on the sides (or ends). On 48 one of the center horizontal bars extends all the way across the vertical bars on the ends. On 49 two horizontal bars extend all the way across the grille. That's the best way on the exterior.
        47 has a unique hood ornament and unique hood badge. No script on 47 hood. Two-piece script located just below hood (and hard to find!) Bumper guards changed each year. 49 has it's own bumper-which incredibly it shares with '50s![:0] Of course all these things can be changed. Taillights did not change. Best way is the body tag. Body parts catalog gives good illustration on page no. X.
        Someone else will have to ring in on Commanders. Grilles and bumpers changed each year there, too.

KURTRUK
        (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln
        KURTRUK
        (read it backwards)

Comment

WOW. Guess we know three people in the San Joaquin valley not working on their Studes at this very moment.[:I] Three replies less than 10 minutes apart..

KURTRUK
          (read it backwards)

KURTRUK
          (read it backwards)

Comment

I already gave mine a bath and she's ready to go to Kragens on Bullard and Brawley for the Sunday night Car Show. Close to your house Kurt.
            Hey Biggs we are gonna come to Visalia for a A& W Car show soon. Pete will enjoy seeing his relatives.

Mabel 1949 Champion
            Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
            Gus 1958 Transtar
            Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
            Daisy 1954 Commander Regal Coupe
            Fresno,Ca
            Mabel 1949 Champion
            Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
            Gus 1958 Transtar
            Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
            Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
            Fresno,Ca

Comment

As it happened, I found myself AT that show last night. I didn't even think about it until I was driving away from the store I'd gone to and saw a Bucket-T zooming towards A&W. I parked and walked around to see the 30 or so cars that were there. There was nothing earth-shaking cause there were't no Studes![xx(]

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
              1963 Cruiser
              1960 Larkvertible V8
              1958 Provincial wagon
              1953 Commander coupe
              1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Working...
              X