This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is this Packard Part????

Okay granted this post is mildly off topic but hence "Studebaker-Packard" perhaps not.

What is this packard part? I acquired it from a yard sale and the guy said he remembered his Dad bringing it home from work (he worked at Packard) about in the early to mid-1950's. It appears to be a pump of some sort and brand new - no part numbers on the box.

Identify it and if you want it for shipping its yours.

Thanks
    KF

Packard marine engine water pump.

Studebaker On The Net

Studebaker News Group

Arnold Md.
    64 Daytona HT
    63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk
    63 GT Hawk
    63 Avanti R1/AC
    63 Avanti R2/4 speed
    62 Lark 2 door
    62 GT(parts car)
    60 Lark convert
    60 Hawk
    56 Power Hawk/4 speed/289
    52 Starliner
    51 Commander
    JDP Maryland

Comment

Packard marine engine water pump.

Studebaker On The Net

Studebaker News Group

Arnold Md.
      64 Daytona HT
      63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk
      63 GT Hawk
      63 Avanti R1/AC
      63 Avanti R2/4 speed
      62 Lark 2 door
      62 GT(parts car)
      60 Lark convert
      60 Hawk
      52 Starliner
      51 Commander
      JDP Maryland

Comment

Just a thought!!! If you don't know what it is how are you going to determine a WINNER????? With that in mind I say a super charger pump(bare). Did I win?????

1956 Studebaker Pelham Wagon Houston, Texas
        Remember, \"When all is said and done. More is always said then ever done.\"

Comment

Just a thought!!! If you don't know what it is how are you going to determine a WINNER????? With that in mind I say a super charger pump(bare). Did I win?????

1956 Studebaker Pelham Wagon Houston, Texas
          Remember, \"When all is said and done. More is always said then ever done.\"

Comment

SASCO had two on ebay a year or so back. They were used on the flathead eight that was used on inboards.

Studebaker On The Net

Studebaker News Group

Arnold Md.
            64 Daytona HT
            63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk
            63 GT Hawk
            63 Avanti R1/AC
            63 Avanti R2/4 speed
            62 Lark 2 door
            62 GT(parts car)
            60 Lark convert
            60 Hawk
            52 Starliner
            51 Commander
            JDP Maryland

Comment

SASCO had two on ebay a year or so back. They were used on the flathead eight that was used on inboards.

Studebaker On The Net

Studebaker News Group

Arnold Md.
              64 Daytona HT
              63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk
              63 GT Hawk
              63 Avanti R1/AC
              63 Avanti R2/4 speed
              62 Lark 2 door
              62 GT(parts car)
              60 Lark convert
              60 Hawk
              52 Starliner
              51 Commander
              JDP Maryland

Comment

Man, wouldn't that be the Cat's Rear??? A big ol' rumbling Packard 354 straight 8 in a double cockpit, all-wood speedboat!
                In my quest for horn buttons, I've come to realize that several boat makers used Clipper horn buttons to finish off the steering wheels in their craft!

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                1960 Larkvertible V8
                1958 Provincial wagon
                1953 Commander coupe
                1957 President 2-dr
                1955 President State
                1951 Champion Biz cpe
                1963 Daytona project FS
                No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Man, wouldn't that be the Cat's Rear??? A big ol' rumbling Packard 354 straight 8 in a double cockpit, all-wood speedboat!
                  In my quest for horn buttons, I've come to realize that several boat makers used Clipper horn buttons to finish off the steering wheels in their craft!

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                  1960 Larkvertible V8
                  1958 Provincial wagon
                  1953 Commander coupe
                  1957 President 2-dr
                  1955 President State
                  1951 Champion Biz cpe
                  1963 Daytona project FS
                  No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by JDP

JDP,

If I recall, you outbid me on the '54 2R11 with the chrome grille in Arkansas. At one time, the old fellow that owned the truck had a number of the Packard marine engines. I had his son check to see if there were any left, but they had all gone to a PT boat museum. [xx(]

Gary

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond & Louisa, Va.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by JDP

JDP,

If I recall, you outbid me on the '54 2R11 with the chrome grille in Arkansas. At one time, the old fellow that owned the truck had a number of the Packard marine engines. I had his son check to see if there were any left, but they had all gone to a PT boat museum. [xx(]

Gary

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond & Louisa, Va.

Comment

Well John do you want it since you figured out what it is?

KF

Comment

Well John do you want it since you figured out what it is?

KF

Comment

Working...
                          X