No announcement yet.

2009 SDC Drags Cedar Rapids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My car does have exhaust cutouts and they were uncapped Rich.

quote:Originally posted by StudeRich

Great Pics Jeff! [^] Wow, Challengers are coming out the woodwork! A Moonlight Silver one, a Jet Green one to add to the Plain Brown Commander and two Plain Brown Wrapper type Challengers.

Maybe we should call them the Jet Thrust '64 Rat Pack, like the "bad boy" Studebaker Engineers group!

And a new Jet Green Daytona Hardtop, and '63 Rose Mist Daytona Hardtop all new to the Stude. Drags and Musclecar Drags as far as I can tell from here, Turning Wheels etc. [^]

They all ran strong like they were R1 or R2 Powered, but most had mufflers and weak springs without Traction Bars, which was keeping them from connecting like they could have, to do a lot better.

I understand of course that if you are street driving them home or competing in the Musclecar Drags you need a complete exhaust system, but trailered cars like 41Frank's would run better with cutouts at least, not that he needs to go much faster, Lol!

StudeRich
    Frank van Doorn
    Omaha, Ne.
    1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
    1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
    1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Sorry, Frank; I wasn't taking notes and have no record of who turned what times. BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Looks to me like you had plenty of time and space to write things down and help Frank out, Bob.

[img][/img]

Comment

Thanks everyone for taking pictures. The drags were the highlight of the meet for me.

Nick

Comment

Jeff, thanks for the time you took with the pictures, I got to drive the white Avanti belonging to Ian Mackellar from Australia he drove it a few times down, not so good on times but a lot of fun, it is the hardest car I have driven to stage at the line wanted to creep all the time and hard to hold back and get a good jump, also 331 gears are not racing gears, but fun just the same, they would not let my grandson ride with me said he was to young 14 going on 20 is not to young to me, but they do the rules , his time will come and he lives close to a strip in Sacramento, fun fun fun, thanks again Jeff...Bob

Bob Peterson / C & B Studebakers

Castro Valley, CA

Candbstudebakers
            Castro Valley,
            California

Comment

Working...
            X