1st day at Iowa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st day at Iowa

Arrived at Clarion at 9am, got registered. Dropped off the donated goodies from The southern Arizona Chapter at the hospiotality room. Then headed on out to the parking lot and then down to the Downs.

Did the car displays and the outside swap meet. But didn't have badges on etc. and since i was with three non-members. I skipped the indoor vendors area. Hey $25 bucks will buy something for Midge so whats a boy going to do.

Left the meet and drove down to Mt Vernon and had lunch at Tatayanas cafe and bakery. (i wanted to go Med. for hummas and babacanous but got outvoted). Tatayans was awesome i had an apptitizer of rasberry and cream cheese cake roll with rasberry sauce, then crepes with mushrooms and potatoes, and small piece of Barec (philyo bread with spincich and shroons) and a piece of butter cake with crushed pineapple and cream cheese and lemon frosting. If you get a chance try this place this Ukranin girl can cook.

here's my pics for the day enjoy, i got brats awaiting.

They're CHARGING to peruse the indoor vendors area??? Boy, I'll bet the vendors just LOVE that!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1963 Cruiser
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

You are really joking? jimmijim
      sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Nice photos and thanks. Is that a 56J Sky Top Continental? jimmijim
        sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

$5.00 fee if not signed up with meet to go inside, keep out people that try to skip the other fees.

Bob Peterson / C & B Studebakers

Castro Valley, CA

Candbstudebakers
          Castro Valley,
          California

Comment

I think they are charging for indoor vendor access, IF you aren't an SDC member. I was there all day. Lark Parker looks much different with glasses.

Bob P, did you bring the Super Hawk?

Matthew Burnette
            Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

In case anyone is interested, the last photo you posted is of Midway Chapter Members w/Les Hole driving Frank Harvey's Studebaker tractor.
              It is powered by a '37 President 8, and the frame is a cutdown Studebaker bus unit.
              Frank is justly proud of his project, and this is its first showing!

Chris Pile
              Editor: The Studebaker Special
              The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

quote:Originally posted by jimmijim8

Nice photos and thanks. Is that a 56J Sky Top Continental? jimmijim
                Yes it is,didn"t get too look up close as there was a yak crowd standing by it.the top didn't look too bad but the kit was ruf.

Comment

What's the story on the hallucinogenically-liveried 64 Commander?? Now there's a car just begging to be an Eye Candy subject! I can't quit grinning. I kinda want that car. What a chariot for the next Drive Your Studebaker Day...I love it. Thanks for the post.

S.

Comment

You mean this one? I thought well you wouldn't have a problem finding that car in a parking lot

Mabel 1949 Champion
                    Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
                    Gus 1958 Transtar
                    The Prez 1955 President State
                    Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
                    Daisy 1954 Commander Regal Coupe
                    Fresno,Ca
                    Mabel 1949 Champion
                    Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
                    Gus 1958 Transtar
                    The Prez 1955 President State
                    Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
                    Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
                    Fresno,Ca

Comment

Anne--

Yep, that one!! On closer examination I see the 1966 fender badge for the McKinnon-engined cars, so maybe this is a a '66 (low-mounted side stainless too, I now see) sporting a '64 Commander grille? The more I see this thing the more I like it!

S.

Comment

No if you don't have your creditials with you it's five per person. I could have walked out to the car and got them but i was too lazy. So i figured i'd do it tomorrow when John gets here. I see nothing wrong with charging for the swap meet, the expenses have to be paid for somehow. But i didn't want to waste money on paying for the women. And i wasn't going to dump them to wandering. So i went to eat Ukranian. Not a bad choice.

Comment

No if you don't have your creditials with you it's five per person. I could have walked out to the car and got them but i was too lazy. So i figured i'd do it tomorrow when John gets here. I see nothing wrong with charging for the swap meet, the expenses have to be paid for somehow. But i didn't want to waste money on paying for the women. And i wasn't going to dump them to wandering. So i went to eat Ukranian. Not a bad choice.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Chris Pile

In case anyone is interested, the last photo you posted is of Midway Chapter Members w/Les Hole driving Frank Harvey's Studebaker tractor.
                            It is powered by a '37 President 8, and the frame is a cutdown Studebaker bus unit.
                            Frank is justly proud of his project, and this is its first showing!

Chris Pile
                            Editor: The Studebaker Special
                            IT was a kodak moment they were having a good time driving it. And it is very well done.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Steve T

Yep, that one!!
                              I saw that car at SB and immediately thought, that guy is definitely having too much fun!![^] Seems like somebody I'd like to know[8D]

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
                              Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Working...
                              X