Studebakers in Michigan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebakers in Michigan

My son and I are on a weekend road trip to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Today was the first leg. Oh, its a non-Stude trip

So as we took state highway 66 north, I had just crossed state route 55 and saw a 55 K going south! It was gray over white and appeared to be restored. I did not see the driver. This was south of Lake City - maybe 2pm? Is that anyone on the forums?

Then, I reserved a motel room in the Upper Peninsula last night. However, fate directed me in a slightly different direction than I had imagined last night. When the GPS finally guided me to the motel that I had reserved, we pulled into the parking lot and were very surprised to see "Studebaker's" restaurant on Sault Ste Marie. It was a natural to eat there. I had not intended to drive that far north on I-75, but here I am! I will have pics of the yellow 50 Champion skewered out front of the restaurant by Monday.

who knows if I will find anymore Studes on this trip!

--george

1963 Lark Daytona HT - 63V J8 175
    53-54 C/Ks, 55 Speedsters, 63 Daytonas, Wagonaires Registries

George

You were in the general vicinity of a forum member named Kent. I believe his member name is 54-61-62 or something like that.

He left in a huff a while back. Kinda wish he were back.

Bob

Comment

quote:Originally posted by sweetolbob

George

You were in the general vicinity of a forum member named Kent. I believe his member name is 54-61-62 or something like that.

He left in a huff a while back. Kinda wish he were back.
      Kent always leaves in a huff and eventually comes back. He's like the Michigan weather; wait long enough and things will change [}].

George was only 3 or 4 hours from Kent. Hope George gets a picture of the 'Studebaker's' sign .

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Tom - Mulberry, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2125.60)

1964 Studebaker Commander 170-1V, 3-speed w/OD (Cost to Date: $623.67)

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
      1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

back home finally. Yes, I know Kent. I forget the exact town he is in - does he own a 55 hardtop, gray over white?

Here are the pics of the restaurant. It is a nice family restaurant that serves reasonably-priced, normal American food, nothing fancy.

--george

53-54 C/Ks, 55 Speedsters, 63 Daytonas, Wagonaires Registries

Comment

quote:Originally posted by ClaymoreWW

So as we took state highway 66 north, I had just crossed state route 55 and saw a 55 K going south! It was gray over white and appeared to be restored. I did not see the driver. This was south of Lake City - maybe 2pm? Is that anyone on the forums?
          Heh, wasn't mine. It's nowhere NEAR being on the road yet.

I've bought a few parts from Kent, but a friend picked them up for me. I haven't met him, so I don't know what he drives, except for a light green 4 door of which he sent me pictures.

Up on Highway 20, someone has both a hawk and a 2 door '55 in the same driveway just a little west of Midland. But after I saw them outside the garage once, I never saw them again. At that time (a few years ago,) that '55 was a solid color maroon.

Paul

In memory of Boris, the 1950 Land Cruiser project,
          . . . he became a down payment for. . .
          Natasha, the 1955 Speedster project
          I finally have a Stude I can drive! (sort of)
          1962 GT Hawk, 4 speed, a/c

Comment

Working...
          X