Keystone Raffle Car-Limited tickets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keystone Raffle Car-Limited tickets

The Keystone Region Chapter Raffle Car will be awarded at York but this year there are only 3000 tickets printed.
    A First Place (edit)<s>Restoration by Westmoreland Restorations of Blairsville, Pa.</s>) in class at the Atlantic Zone Meet 2009.
    Tickets available online.

Brad Johnson
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight
    Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Hmmm... wonder why they are excluding people from outside the US from buying online? That's how I got my tickets last year. [B)]

<h5>Mark
    '57 Transtar Deluxe
    Vancouver Island Chapter
    http://sdcvi.shawwebspace.ca/ </h5>

Mark Hayden
    '66 Commander

Comment

Very nice looking Studebaker. I will be buying some tickets.

Gary Sanders
      Nixa, MO
      President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
      Gary Sanders
      Nixa, MO

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Mark57

Hmmm... wonder why they are excluding people from outside the US from buying online? That's how I got my tickets last year. [B)] Mark
        Shall I buy yours Mark [?] [?] [?]
        I'll buy the winning one... [)]
        Let me know.

StudeDave '57 [8D]
        StudeDave '57
        US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
        SDC Member since 1985

past President
        Whatcom County Chapter SDC
        San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
        San Diego Chapter SDC
        North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

I'll have to get a couple myself.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Tom - Mulberry, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2125.60)

1964 Studebaker Commander 170-1V, 3-speed w/OD (Cost to Date: $623.67)

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
          1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Should it be charging $2.00 shipping for the tickets? If so, fine, but I wanted to check for sure.

Jim

____1966 Avanti II RQA 0088_______________1963 Avanti R2 63R3152____________Rabid Snail Racing
            Jim
            Often in error, never in doubt
            http://rabidsnailracing.blogspot.com/

____1966 Avanti II RQA 0088_______________1963 Avanti R2 63R3152____________http://rabidsnailracing.blogspot.com/

Comment

Excellent!!Thanks for the 'heads-up'!!A major portion of my 'York fund' usually goes towards raffle tickets.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by StudeDave57
                Shall I buy yours Mark [?] [?] [?]
                I'll buy the winning one... [)]
                Let me know.

StudeDave '57 [8D]
                Heh heh... [:0][] Thanks for that very [u]KIND</u> offer Dave! I will figure out how to get them to sell me that winning ticket directly. [8D][^]

<h5>Mark
                '57 Transtar Deluxe
                Vancouver Island Chapter
                http://sdcvi.shawwebspace.ca/ </h5>

Mark Hayden
                '66 Commander

Comment

quote:A First Place Restoration by Westmoreland Restorations of Blairsville, Pa.
                  I think that this statement may be a bit misleading. The Daytona was, in fact, repaired and painted by Westmoreland about 17 years ago. However, it was not "restored" by them. For those who have seen Craig Piper's work, this statement would suggest that the Daytona would be much nicer than it really is. The car is still very presentable, but not a typical Westmoreland restoration. Yes, it did take the first place trophy in the Modified class at the Atlantic Zone Meet in Harrisonburg, VA last week.

A number of this folks on the Forum are familiar with the car and its current condition. For those who are not, I think that it is fair to note this clarification. As stated in the KRC promotional information, the car has a number of "driver" modifications that make it very desirable. I have bought a number of tickets myself.

Jim Bradley
                  Lewistown PA
                  '78 Avanti II
                  Jim Bradley
                  Lake Monticello, VA
                  '78 Avanti II
                  sigpic

Comment

They will probably have tickets at the International meet .

[IMG]
                    Home of the Fried Green Tomato
                    "IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ
                    1964 Daytona HT
                    sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Jim I hope I win the Daytona, but if I don't I hope you do. Imagine how many people would think that the "fix was in" if you were to win.

"I know nothing"

Sargent Schultz

Comment

It is my understanding that tickets WILL be sold at Cedar Rapids, but that the car will not be there.

Tentative plans are to have both at the Summit Racing (Wink's) Meet on August 29th. [8D]
                        JWW

Comment

Just wondering, but would I need to be present to win, just in case? I am thinking about trying to get my dad to go in on some with me for the heck of it, but better have the details worked out first.

Dylan Wills

'61 lark deluxe 4 door wagon
                          Dylan Wills
                          Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
                          1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
                          1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
                          1914 Ford Model T

Comment

Need not be present to win. By law, you must be present for the second place cash prize.

A number of years ago the winning ticket was purchased by a gentleman on the south island of New Zealand.
                            He paid to have the 1960 convertible shipped there. I think it's the only one on the island.
                            A few years before that a 1950 Starlight was won by a gentleman from Texas. He flew to Pennsylvania and drove the coupe back to Texas.

I just got off the phone with the chairman of our raffle. He informed me initial sales have been surprising. Don't expect tickets to be available when you get to York, maybe Reedsville!

Brad Johnson
                            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                            '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight
                            Brad Johnson,
                            SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                            '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                            '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Wow, that $30,000.00 every year since as long as I can remember should make the Keystone Chapter treasury the fattest in SDC history! I know they have a very active Chapter up there, it must be a pretty big one for all they do.
                              I remember when a couple families drove a custom painted for the trip, Red, White and Blue '64 4 Door (Commander 8 I think), all the way to the International Meet at the Queen Mary in Long Beach, Calif. to promote their next year's bid to have the International in Penn. complete with cheerleaders! I think they even won the opportunity among several bidders. [^]
                              Or was it just a promotion to get us to show up on the other end of the Country next year? I don't know, but it couldn't hurt either way.

Most of the Chapters I have belonged to are happy to have a 1-$2,000 running balance for the Newsletter costs, Annual Car Show expense and an occasional Zone Meet! [:0]

StudeRich
                              StudeRich
                              Second Generation Stude Driver,
                              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
                              X