No announcement yet.

One of the neatest Father's day gifts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One of the neatest Father's day gifts.

My favorite (only) Daughter gave me a nicely framed picture. She is now 34. I don't know how this will show up on the forum, but I am going to try to share it with you folks. The picture is of her standing next to my '51 Land Cruiser when she was about 17. What is a great picture is even more remarkable when I finally realized that the reflection in the windshield is of the two of us standing next to my '60 Lark parked in front of the "Gator Bowl" when she was about 14 years old and had driven the Lark to see Clemson play in the bowl that year. We were interviewed on the pre-game show about the Studebaker with the "Orange Tiger Paws" leading the way down I-95.
    [img][/img]
    John Clary
    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Beautiful car, pretty lady! Happy Fathers Day. Enjoy the memories.

"Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional." author unknown

Comment

That is a neat Fathers Day gift. I know you will enjoy.

Gary Sanders
      Nixa, MO
      President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
      Gary Sanders
      Nixa, MO

Comment

That is TOO COOL!!! I lived in JAX, for several years,but on Gator Bowl and Ga.-Fla. weekends we would either leave town or stay inside. I got a pretty cool picture for father's day too. My youngest girl(I'v got 3) gave me an autographed 8x10 of Frank"The Rebel" Mundy standing beside old #23. I had the privilege of meeting him when he was the speaker at a zone meet. I wish I could post pictures so I could share it with yall. NT

Neil Thornton
        Hazlehurst, GA
        '57 Silver Hawk
        '56 Sky Hawk
        '51 2R16 dump truck
        Many others.

Neil Thornton

Comment

Too cool!!!!

Comment

Nice shot and great extra effort for a terrific gift! One of mine showed up at the car show, but we never got a picture together.

Comment

If you look at the Lark from tip to tail in the reflection, I think the bent windshield stretched it out and made it look like a '57.

KURTRUK
              (read it backwards)

KURTRUK
              (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Beautiful Lady! Pretty car! Thoughtful daughter!
                Looks like you did a lot of things right.

Brad Johnson
                Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight
                Brad Johnson,
                SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

quote:Originally posted by jclary

...the reflection in the windshield is of the two of us standing next to my '60 Lark...
                  Lemme see--the main pic was taken in '51 but there's a '60 Lark in the windshield....How'd she do that? Time Machine?

REALLLLY neat pic!

John

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Johnnywiffer

quote:Originally posted by jclary

...the reflection in the windshield is of the two of us standing next to my '60 Lark...
                    Lemme see--the main pic was taken in '51 but there's a '60 Lark in the windshield....How'd she do that? Time Machine?
                    John
                    How do you get 1951 as the photo date? He says she is standing next to his 51 Stude.
                    According to jclary's info. the pic was taken in 1992. No?

[img=left]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/158/360197307_8639ee4a46_m.jpg[/img=left]
                    ~Nitram~
                    57 Transtar

Comment

Yep. Where's my brain? I guess it was the '51 license plate that got me. That's what I get for assuming...

John

Comment

Excellent present, you will cherish this forever!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X