Looking for Chuck Naugle in Vail Az.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Chuck Naugle in Vail Az.

Someone ask me for the phone number for Chuck Naugle in Vail, AZ. I need his phone number too. Anyone out there can give his phone number.

In the 2005 roster 602-647-3658

studedick from the lower Ozarks

Comment

Hello, That was the number I had. It is not a working number.

Comment

Chuck is a grumpy ol' cuss and does not like to give his # out. No # is listed for him in the current roster. I've heard that you just about have to have an invitation to visit him and then pray that he is in a good mood that day. Even so, I hear that he has sold out much of his good stuff. I know how he feels because I have tons of stuff and get lots of calls & visits from folks who want perfect stuff dirt cheap, and it gets tough to get anything done at times,(which is why I seldom run any ads) If you are looking for a Studebaker junk yard out west where you can load up a truck load of R ser doors & C/K sheetmetal for $10 each to sell at the big meets for a huge profit, Chuck ain't the guy- that guy sold out 30 years ago:-)

Chuck is extremely knowledgable about Studebakers, & is a great guy once you get to know him- if he likes you. If you know Fred Gooch, you might see if he can arrange a visit for you, since Chuck reportedly forbids his friends from giving his # out.

Barry'd in Studes

Comment

This is what i have been hearing about Chuck. To bad. I was given his name by a fellow SDC member. I am just looking for broken antennas that were made from 1947 to 1952.

Comment

He cannot be any worse than that guy in Houston Texas whom sells nice replated chrome and delivers stuff to your door. I think his last name is Hackney. .

Milt

1947 Champion (owned since 1967)
            1961 Hawk
            1964 Convertable
            1967 Avanti
            1961 Lark 2 door
            1950 Commander Starlight

Milt

1947 Champion (owned since 1967)
            1961 Hawk 4-speed
            1967 Avanti
            1961 Lark 2 door
            1988 Avanti Convertible

Member of SDC since 1973

Comment

Ya Berry is a little hard to deal with but then so is Milt and so I guess that make us 3 of a kind right Milt? see you in Iowa.....Bob

Bob Peterson / C & B Studebakers

Castro Valley, CA

Candbstudebakers
              Castro Valley,
              California

Comment

Yeah, I live in the area, and am trying to arrange an introduction to Chuck Naugle, and possibly see what's happening out there. Heard lots of people mention his name, and everyone seems to have the exact same description of his character. Sounds like an interesting fellow. Anyone with a collection of Studes is awright by me![8D]

LH
                Whirling dervish of misinformation.

Comment

I'm sure there have been several articles written about Mr. Naugle. To call him "interesting" is an insult. He's a living national treasure, and entitled to be as grumpy as he wants to be. Jump through whatever hoops you have to, to get to meet him. You know, you don't just pop in on Neil Armstrong, or Chuck Yeager, or Parnelli Jones, either.

A hundred miles out of York, well over the speed limit, we were passed by Chuck in his big Studebaker flatbed, with a car on the back, like we were standing still. If he wasn't doing 85 I will eat your hood ornament. There was a foot of flame flying out of each stack and a mighty noise like the backing track on a Red Sovine record. The big Marmons and Diamond-T's weren't seeing anything but diesel smoke and tail lights. I just can't describe it any further without using, you know, truck driver language, but as an absolutely unprintable joke ends up, [kwock]ptooey that man could drive.

Comment

I am starting to know how Chuck feels. I too am getting tired of the calls. I had two guys show up at my door on Mother's Day while I was cooking breakfast wanting to see my cars and looking for parts. Now if anyone has a brain, there is one day out of the year when you have a wife and younger kids where you know the cars are off limits and you are not going out to the pole barn, sorry but I turned them away.

57 & 58 Packards and Larks

Comment

While I've not achieved the lofty status of Mr. Naugle, my local fame preceeds me amongst local gearheads. The most incredible incident here was when I chanced to meet a guy who'd been to my place a number of times and he informs me that he'd brought a friend of his out to my place - helped themselves to a brake drum off an axle they led themselves to and left $20 bucks in a drawer of my tool box. This wasn't something pre-arranged. They just came out, helped themselves, decided what was a "fair price" and drove off with their prize!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                      1963 Cruiser
                      1960 Larkvertible V8
                      1958 Provincial wagon
                      1953 Commander coupe
                      1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I have known Chuck for 25+ years. Bought 2 cars and many parts from him. He would swing through South Bend and pick me up on his way to York. Made about 10 trips with him. Wasn't the same when he quit going. Spent 3 days at his place in March with friends, hauling 3 cars and a truck load of parts back east. He is a great friend and I visit him every chance I get. If you just happen to got to his place to buy a part,pay what he asks. Don't try to cut his price. Then you will be able to buy more. Jim

Comment

In my experiences over the last 20, 30 or so years, I have found Chuck to be a great gentleman. He always insists that we take time to have ice cream together.

I can understand people wearing out the welcome mat. When I was an SDC Director, I used to commonly run 30 telephone calls, e-mails and letters a day related to SDC/Studebaker. I think that this SDC Forum has helped to funnel many questions to one place (here).

Gary L.
                          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                          Studebaker enthusiast much longer
                          Gary L.
                          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Hey...

Thanks guys. I now understand a lot more. Shoulda tendered a better word than "interesting". That was meant to imply that this would be someone I'd like to have the privilege of meeting, not an open invitation to drop in and play U-Pull salvage yard. I have heard Chuck Naugle's name many times brought up by some of the folks I know that are friends of his. Many of my friends are a couple of generations before mine, and most of the knowledge I have gained has been from these people. An opportunity to meet Mr. Naugle sometime in the future will be greeted with respect.

LH
                            Whirling dervish of misinformation.

Comment

Working...
                            X