Above ground lift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Above ground lift

I plan to install a above ground lift , what are some of types that you have used, brands, features, ease of use, should you consider buying used??

Joseph Kastellec
    Joseph Kastellec

Thought about saying this in another thread, but decided not to on the side of politeness. But now, I'll say it cuz this is a subject I'm interested in also.

NAME THAT LIFT!!!!!! Please don't just describe it, tell us the brand and the model. How can we know what to buy if the post just says " it's heavy, it lifts, it lowers "?

thank you.

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

I think I saw some on Los Angeles craigslist for $500.

Comment

I have used a number of lifts, the one that impressed me was the Rotary brand, I not going to use it on daily basis, also Bendpack seems to be a good unit. need some feedback. Thanks Joe

Joseph Kastellec
        Joseph Kastellec

Comment

Your biggest decision is whether to buy a 2 post lift, or a 4 post lift.
          Once you get past that point, then it is brand, features, and benefits....
          Oh... and cost.
          Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by G T Joe

I plan to install a above ground lift , what are some of types that you have used, brands, features, ease of use, should you consider buying used??

Joseph Kastellec

http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock
          HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

I have a 2 post lift made by Forward Manufacturing. I have had it for about 5 years. I like it.

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

This is the one I have and it works well for me. They are just south of Indianapolis. It has a heavy canvas cover that attaches under the lift and three steel drain pans with drain plugs, plus a heavy jack tray and wheels to move it around.

Richard
              The annual all Studebaker Nationals and Orphan Car Drag Race is Saturday May 27th 2017 9:00 am at Brown County Dragway in Bean Blossom, Indiana. "Studebaker Drag Racing you can't beat it" For more information contact Richard Poe

Comment

I want a 2 post lift , Bendpack has a portable one that you can move about and a can be used with 110v or 12volt for ease of use, has anyone have this type of lift? I still might go with a stantionary lift not sure at this point.

Joseph Kastellec
                Joseph Kastellec

Comment

If you mean a rotisserie, I bought a "Roto 2000". It's like a couple of hydraulic jacks, wheels and frames with all kinds of assembly options. Google it. That's how I found one.
                  Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Just spent the evening with my daughter and part of our conversation was about a working friend of hers that just bought a two pole lift. He purchased one off the internet and received a call a few days later from a truck driver asking where the garage was and if they had a fork lift, the drive was told to return the lift because the agreement was to deliver and install. The second order attempt was canceled when he was informed they do not install lifts. The third attempt ended the same. He ended up ordering one from Florida with the understanding that it would be delivered buy the seller, installed by the seller, checked out by the seller and only then paid for. The seller aggreed my daughters friend now has his lift.

Buddy...'54 Champion 2dr
                    Warner Robins, GA 31088
                    478-953-3077

Comment

FWIW I have a buddy who's'20 plus years at a dealership and just opened his own shop. I have picked his brain (I'm shopping for a lift too shsss don't tell the wife ) Anyway he said Rotary and don't screw with anything else. I'm sure they're not the only good one out there but when in doubt I'd stick with what the professionals recommend. That's the easy part now what about size, 2 post 4 post asymmetrical etc etc etc

quote:Originally posted by G T Joe

I have used a number of lifts, the one that impressed me was the Rotary brand, I not going to use it on daily basis, also Bendpack seems to be a good unit. need some feedback. Thanks Joe

Joseph Kastellec

Russ Shop Foreman "Rusty Nut Garage"
                      53 2R6 289 5SpdOD (driver)
                      57 SH (project)
                      60 Lark VIII 2dr sd (driver)

Russ Shop Foreman \"Rusty Nut Garage\"
                      53 2R6 289 5SpdOD (driver)
                      57 SH (project)
                      60 Lark VIII 2dr sd (driver)

Comment

That looks like the one Pat Skelly has....
                        After seeing his in the 'move around mode' and then seeing his in the 'bolted down solid to the floor mode'...
                        I'd always opt to bolt it down...
                        HTIH
                        Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by 63larkr1

This is the one I have and it works well for me. They are just south of Indianapolis. It has a heavy canvas cover that attaches under the lift and three steel drain pans with drain plugs, plus a heavy jack tray and wheels to move it around.

Richard

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Comment

Jeff,
                          They give you good large lag bolts with the lift so you can bolt it down nice and tight at no extra cost.
                          Good point.
                          Richard
                          The annual all Studebaker Nationals and Orphan Car Drag Race is Saturday May 27th 2017 9:00 am at Brown County Dragway in Bean Blossom, Indiana. "Studebaker Drag Racing you can't beat it" For more information contact Richard Poe

Comment

Yessir...
                            I was the guy that drilled the 16 holes (while Pat supervised)...
                            Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by 63larkr1

Jeff,
                            They give you good large lag bolts with the lift so you can bolt it down nice and tight at no extra cost.
                            Good point.
                            Richard

Jeff

Comment

Working...
                            X