Paul Pszikszai's CE Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul Pszikszai's CE Project

Got an e-mail from my friend Paul with an update on his CE. You might remember he recently bought this off eBay from WA. He's been working on it and sent a few pictures:

There are more, but those are a start. Paul says he got the original engine running, and it sounds good! He's still deciding which way to go (stock/modified), and doing the body in the meantime. Keep up the good work, Paul![^]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

I like the "blast" room! I have sold sandblasters, used them and own one now. If that was the only job on earth...I would be on welfare! It's a tough and dirty job, but the results are worth it. Good luck with the project. I would prefer it be restored, but would rather see it customized rather than crushed! If it is customized, I would hope he does it in a manner that causes you to "look hard" to tell it from original.

John Clary
    Greer, SC

I have only two limitations ...BRAINS & ENERGY
    SDC member since 1975
    John Clary
    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

I like his front suspension more than the planar on mine.
      The planar may be better but sure looks less neat and tidy.
      Mono mind in a stereo world

Comment

Very nice. Looking forward to seeing more pictures as Paul makes progress.

Gary Sanders
        Nixa, MO
        President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
        Gary Sanders
        Nixa, MO

Comment

Sure is gonna be nice. Man with a plan. jimmijim
          sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Can't see from the pictures but looks as if the tin worms didn't leave big gapping holes.

That's a plus.

As to the engine.....Ask him the old question....What do you truely want to do with the truck? How much time will you have to fulfill that want. If your looking for just an around town truck my vote (may surprise) a dependable stock.

ChopStu

61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

UPDATE!

You can read more on the back story here:

As always, Paul has been hard at work; look at the "before and "during" pictures above, then look at 'er now!!

More to come as it progresses, I'm sure! Great work, buddy, and keep the updates comin'!![8D]

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
              Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Wow, he works fast! That is beautifull! Great color for the truck!

Dylan Wills

'61 lark deluxe 4 door wagon
                Dylan Wills
                Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
                1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
                1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
                1914 Ford Model T

Comment

I say WOW too. What a gorgeous truck. Powertrain choices???

sals54
                  sals54

Comment

Oh my goodness!
                    That is one cool truck.
                    What I would do to have one of those in the line up someday.
                    Love that color and yes he does seem to work fast.
                    Dean.

Comment

why do I thing that 6 banger is no longer under that hood.....

Comment

I don't care what goes under the hood. That is one gorgeous truck.

More updates soon, Please[]

Bob

Comment

Powertrain choices you say??

This from Paul:

Studebaker truck 289.
                          My last NOS Studebaker truck automatic.
                          TT rear end.
                          Lincoln sub frame.

How's THAT grab ya??[]

Can't wait for further progress shots as she comes together- final wheel choice and stance, interior, etc. What a project[8D] The title of his e-mail to me with the latest pictures was "Some assembly required" We've got a good setup- Paul's doing the work and I'm posting it[)]

Keep 'em coming Paul![^] Maybe next time I'm in SB me and Rich D. can come and take a spin in it over to Tippecanoe for dinner!

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
                          Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Working...
                          X