Anyone for a $1 Stude Wagon racer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone for a $1 Stude Wagon racer?

Might need some re-assembly and fabrication - but, gee - it sure is cheap!

Chris Pile
    Midway Chapter SDC
    The Studebaker Special
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Read further, he wants $4000.

101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

I think they must do that to get you to read the ad.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1963 Cruiser
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe
      1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

I think they must do that to get you to read the ad.

Yup- common tactic on Craig's List. Still, the car might not be a bad deal with all those parts...

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
        Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

quote:Read further, he wants $4000.

My bad.

Chris Pile
          Midway Chapter SDC
          The Studebaker Special
          The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Chris Pile

My bad.
            No guys, it's his (the seller's) bad deal. what an idiot! first he butchers a classic, all for his own overblown ego, then wants someone else to pick up the tab for his own stupidity. That kind of idiot disgusts me, no matter what kind of car they butcher!

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
            K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
            Ron Smith
            Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
            Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
            K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
            Ron Smith
            Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

quote:No guys, it's his (the seller's) bad deal. what an idiot! first he butchers a classic, all for his own overblown ego, then wants someone else to pick up the tab for his own stupidity. That kind of idiot disgusts me, no matter what kind of car they butcher!
              AMEN TO THAT!
              1960 Lark 2 door sedan \"Ethel\"

Comment

quote:Originally posted by studeclunker

quote:Originally posted by Chris Pile

My bad.
                [font=Comic Sans MS][size=3]
                No guys, it's his (the seller's) bad deal. what an idiot! first he butchers a classic, all for his own overblown ego, then wants someone else to pick up the tab for his own stupidity. That kind of idiot disgusts me, no matter what kind of car they butcher!
                Well i guess i and huge amount of people would qualify for your opinion of being ego idiots. But then i think in THIS country we all get to exercise our idiot egos as we see fit on anything we own that that doesn't have a heart beat. I've probably stood a hundred earn 64-67 chevelles on their tail and torched the floor pan out of the body for my stock car build. We won't even mention the tri-5s.

Ya build race cars to be race cars, and street rods to be street rods. Geezer wax don't count. If i had the shekels and was five years younger. You'd get to call me an idiot at the 2010 meet cause i'd have that toad on site for the princess"s to flirt with.

Comment

Yea...a lot of people think that they know better as far as what to do with someone elses car!

I've gotten a little sh!t for putting a Quick Change rear end in my 54 Conestoga.
                  And even more for doing very much the same thing as the seller above to my 60 Lark, 2dr wagon.
                  I just smile, cause...I'm happy whith what I'm doing...and guess what...that's all that counts.!

Mike

Comment

I get tired of every single car having a 350 chevy or a crate motor there are thousands of different engines out there. I think it is cool to make a stude wagon into a hot rod, but put in a different drive train. Studebaker R2 maybe?[V]

Alex Nelsen
                    1954 Champion Coupe
                    Lizella, GA
                    Alex Nelsen, certified Studebaker nut.
                    Driving a 1954 Champion Coupe powered by a Chrysler 383.
                    Lizella, GA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Nelsen Motorsports

I think it is cool to make a stude wagon into a hot rod, but put in a different drive train.
                      Studebaker R2 maybe? [V] Alex
                      There's more then one here in Cali runnin' around...

There's a '55 here in San Diego set up as a '57 GH, and another one up North somewhere.
                      That 'other one' is an R2, I do believe-- in a black primer'd '54~ last I saw it.

StudeDave '57 [8D]
                      StudeDave '57
                      US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                      SDC Member since 1985

past President
                      Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                      San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                      San Diego Chapter SDC
                      North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment