Yes, it's a Studebaker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, it's a Studebaker

I found this interesting little pinky pretending to be a yard decoration.

Actually, she's for sale. They want eight hundred fifty for her, or best. The car's a six three-speed. She doesn't presently run and is reputedly free spinning in the engine. The interior is completely toast. The floors are rusty. The trunk isn't bad, not great either. Here's some shots:

There's a few more here if you're interested:
    Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Edit:
    By the by, did I mention that all proceeds from this car sale go to a worthy local charity[?] Well, if I didn't, I have now! Also, they've dropped the price, read on...

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
    Ron Smith
    Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
    Ron Smith
    Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

How far from San Diego is it?
    1960 Lark 2 door sedan \"Ethel\"

Comment

Awwwww, somebody rescue it! After the one I looked at this afternoon, this one is far from being too far gone...[]

S.

Comment

How far from San Diego? Well, look at it this way; I'm at the top (North) of the state, and you're at the bottom (South) end of the state. I think about seven hundred fifty to eight hundred miles from San Diego.

I wouldn't say the car is, 'too far gone,' by any stretch of the imagination. She's in need of some serious work, admittedly, certainly do-able though.

Ron Smith
        Ron Smith

Comment

That can not be it has California plates so that means it is rust free, Ha Ha ...Bob Peterson
          Candbstudebakers
          Castro Valley,
          California

Comment

The plates are rust free!

Comment

Now, here's a question for ya; Is she a Delux or a Regal? I think it's a delux, with her dogdishes and rubber floor mats. What say you[?]

Ron Smith
              Ron Smith

Comment

Body tag would have told us that. Deluxe trimmed front clip. The one tail light is Deluxe. Door panels look Deluxe. What is odd is that dash looks like a Regal with the padded dash and knee pad trim. Maybe an upgrade was paid for when it was ordered?
                Solid little car, Ron. Doesn't it have a matching 2 door wagon nearby?

Comment

I'd argue that technically, it's "rust free". That is, you buy the car - you get the rust for free.[:0]

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                  1963 Cruiser
                  1960 Larkvertible V8
                  1958 Provincial wagon
                  1953 Commander coupe
                  1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Comment

quote:Originally posted by barnlark

Solid little car, Ron. Doesn't it have a matching 2 door wagon nearby?

Not that I could see. Unless, my glasses are worse than I thought...[:I]

Ron Smith
                      Ron Smith

Comment

Bread and butter model with regal like dash. jimmijim
                        sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

If the optioning was similar to '62 when my Lark was sold new, this is probably a Deluxe with what on my car's PO is called a "Regal kit" fitted. (Curiously, my Lark also has the Cruiser-style padded shroud around the radio.) The "Regal kit" seems mainly to have comprised the stainless around the windshield and backlight on mine; it has full wheelcovers too but they were a separate option.

S.

Comment

After looking in the parts book, I had been unaware that the two door posts were all Deluxes. These four doors came in both Regal and Deluxe. But most interesting was that there were apparently four types of dashes offered & 3 different covers of all colors. The Regal had the really nice, top of the line padded dash with the stitching in 1960 only. That dash in that 59 was a special order item in the parts book for that body.

Comment

Ah yes, that's right...there would have been no need to put a "Regal kit" on a 4dr, since one could order that body as a Regal, but my 2dr sedan was indeed a Deluxe by default and had to be optioned-up.

S.

Comment

Working...
                              X