Duane Miller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duane Miller

It is with great sadness to report that Duane Miller lost his battle with cancer and passed away this afternoon. Please keep Duane and his family in your thoughts and prayers.
    james r pepper

Very sorry to hear that James, still another long time Stude. knowledgeable and helpful SDC Member gone.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

My condolences to his family and friends.
      Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

We were so saddened to hear the news today. RIP Duane.
        Bells Studebaker Diner & Museum
        Bellingham, WA.

Comment

Duane was a great guy and will be missed. He was so proud to have been involved with the Honor Flight out of Iowa and finally went on a flight as a Veteran. I have the photo that he sent me while standing at the Lincoln Memorial.

Our condolences to Linda and family.

Jim & Jody Turner
          "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
          their Memorials!

Comment

Duane's loss is a big one. Duane served this club in many roles including 6 years as a Zone Director. May the Lord Our God wrap his arms around his family in this time of sorrow. Duane, Rest In Peace, my friend.
            sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Very sorry to hear this. Sincere condolences to his family, and I pray Duane Rest In Peace.

Comment

It's a natural part of life, but always sad nonetheless. I was happy to have met him through the Club and glad we stayed in good touch through Facebook. He was a fine man of God and very smart person with great knowledge in many areas. RIP my friend.
                Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                Romans 15:13
                Deuteronomy 31:6
                Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Sorry to hear this! He was easy to talk to and made others feel special.
                  Charlie D.

Comment

Duane was the genuine article. Got to meet him at a local car show when he was in town. I still have a bunch of emails from him. Prayers for you and your family my friend.
                    Carey
                    Packard Hawk

Comment

So sorry to hear of Duane's passing. He's the reason for making fire extinguishers mandatory by your front tire at car meets. All because my 64 Avanti caught fire at a meet in KC and was quickly put out(I was at breakfast) by Quick acting members, Tom Sexton was one.
                      I was looking forward to seeing him at the IM in June.
                      My sympathy to his wife and family. RIP Duane

Comment

Our thoughts and prayers go out to Duane and his family.
                        Mike - Assistant Editor, Turning Wheels
                        Fort Worth, TX

Comment

I didn't know him and so have nothing to say... other than I am sad and that reading all your posts makes me wish I had known him.
                          Rafe Hollister

Comment

Oh no. Had not logged in here for a while, and I see this...

First me him probably about 20yrs ago. I later sent him a extra shift indicator insert (with PRND12 instead of PLNDR) for one of his projects. Got one of the hood props he was making at one time. I think the last time I saw him was a zone meet in WI in 2014. Sat at the dinner with his family. Great folks. Exhanged a couple IMs on the FB group probably over a year ago.

A very enthusiastic Studebaker guy. RIP Duane.

EDIT: Obit here

Duane R. Miller Obituary 2024 - McGinnis-Chambers Funeral Home

Jeff in ND

Comment

Thanks for the obituary,
                              Rafe Hollister

Comment

Working...
                              X