1955 Champion front end vs 53-54

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1955 Champion front end vs 53-54

I recently bought a very nice modified 1955 Champion, but I really like the look of the 53-54 front end. I can’t decide if the one year look of the ‘55 outweighs the preference of the 53? The chrome grill on my car is like new. Thoughts?
    Attached Files

It's strictly a matter of preference... I've had a couple of '55s, and they're pretty, but I am partial to the 53-54s.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0573.JPG
Views:	276
Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	1921958
    sigpic
    Dave Lester

Comment

Me too, just considering the prospect of converting to a 53-54 front end, outside of the fiberglass option, not sure of how to go about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mirishone View Post
        Me too, just considering the prospect of converting to a 53-54 front end, outside of the fiberglass option, not sure of how to go about it.
        You have a beautiful car, you might want to give it some time to grow on you.
        sigpic
        Dave Lester

Comment

I agree, it is growing on me..

Comment

Appart from the front I think the -55 is a winner due to interior colors. dashboard & taillights, as we're only speaking looks...

Comment

Nothing beats the looks of a 53. Maybe an E type jag is in the same ballpark? But the 55's are stunning looking things especially when the chrome bits are chromed out and shiny. I do have a soft spot for 55's and wouldn't even think twice about leaving yours alone. Your car your decision but the expense and work to convert to a 53 isn't really worth it when the 55's are already cool looking as is!

Comment

It's really special to be the owner of an original car. I'm partial to 55's, I've owned a bunch of them. They are just such good cars from so many standpoints, from quality control, to materials used, to mechanical advances. Then there is the fact that the car has survived as an intact original for over sixty five years. Once altered never original again.

Comment

I think it is hard to beat the "looks" of the 53/54 C/K Studebakers. When I decided to build one, only a 53 or 54 would do....and it cost me My neighbor said I should have built a Hawk "they are the money cars", and I bought three Hawks so I could build the 53, but...your money and your choice

Comment

Working...
                  X