X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bill Jackameit's Studebaker Page

Here is a great web site done by Bill Jackameit:

The Web's second oldest Studebaker page. Information on Studebaker cars, trucks, and toys

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

I missed one also. I thought the Skytop was first offered in 61.

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

I missed one also. I thought the Skytop was first offered in 61.

Comment

It was interesting to see Sam Miller's 1958 Packard wagon on Bill's website. Back in the mid to late '70's Sam was starting to build the models that he became noted for. At the time Virginia required semi annual safety inspections and Sam's answer was to create an epoxy "bird dropping" that effectively covered the inspection sticker and allowed him to continue driving after it expired! You have to love Studebaker ingenuity.

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

It was interesting to see Sam Miller's 1958 Packard wagon on Bill's website. Back in the mid to late '70's Sam was starting to build the models that he became noted for. At the time Virginia required semi annual safety inspections and Sam's answer was to create an epoxy "bird dropping" that effectively covered the inspection sticker and allowed him to continue driving after it expired! You have to love Studebaker ingenuity.

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Comment

I am the current owner of Sam's old Packard Wagon. I would greatly appreciate any input on the history of the car. I do not know a lot of about the background on this car. Was he the original owner? Please advise, Thank you

58 Packard Wagon (Parade Red)
            58 Packard Wagon (Park Green)
            58 Packard Hardtop
            58 Packard Sedan
            57 Packard Wagon
            62 Daytona
            63 Lark Custom 2 Door Sedan R2

Comment

I am the current owner of Sam's old Packard Wagon. I would greatly appreciate any input on the history of the car. I do not know a lot of about the background on this car. Was he the original owner? Please advise, Thank you

58 Packard Wagon (Parade Red)
              58 Packard Wagon (Park Green)
              58 Packard Hardtop
              58 Packard Sedan
              57 Packard Wagon
              62 Daytona
              63 Lark Custom 2 Door Sedan R2

Comment

Unfortunately I do not know the history of this car, though Leonard or Frank Drumheller may. At the time Sam was inhabiting the basement of his mother's house which had limited storage. The '64 convertible that Leonard has was in the garage, but others came and went with some frequency, often to be stored on Tom Roemer's farm.

As best I recall this one arrived around 1976 or 1977 when the black '51 did. It was licensed and driven (thus the need to hide the inspection sticker). I moved to Richmond and sold my '61 Hawk in 1982 and was out of Studebakers until 1999. In that time Sam moved to Pulaski and then back to Charlottesville and we lost touch with each other.

Comment

Unfortunately I do not know the history of this car, though Leonard or Frank Drumheller may. At the time Sam was inhabiting the basement of his mother's house which had limited storage. The '64 convertible that Leonard has was in the garage, but others came and went with some frequency, often to be stored on Tom Roemer's farm.

As best I recall this one arrived around 1976 or 1977 when the black '51 did. It was licensed and driven (thus the need to hide the inspection sticker). I moved to Richmond and sold my '61 Hawk in 1982 and was out of Studebakers until 1999. In that time Sam moved to Pulaski and then back to Charlottesville and we lost touch with each other.

Comment

I don't know any of the history of the Packard wagon, either. Frank would know more than I do. It seems to me that Sam told me that he took it to a Packard meet one time and got snubbed! I think I saw it on eBay a couple of years ago.

Comment

I don't know any of the history of the Packard wagon, either. Frank would know more than I do. It seems to me that Sam told me that he took it to a Packard meet one time and got snubbed! I think I saw it on eBay a couple of years ago.

Comment

That quiz was too short! I got 'em all. [8D]

Matthew Burnette
                        Hazlehurst, Georgia
                        '59 Scotsman PU
                        '63 Daytona HT

Blogger is a blog publishing tool from Google for easily sharing your thoughts with the world. Blogger makes it simple to post text, photos and video onto your personal or team blog.

Comment

That quiz was too short! I got 'em all. [8D]

Matthew Burnette
                          Hazlehurst, Georgia
                          '59 Scotsman PU
                          '63 Daytona HT

Blogger is a blog publishing tool from Google for easily sharing your thoughts with the world. Blogger makes it simple to post text, photos and video onto your personal or team blog.

Comment

Leonard,

Per page 7 of the October '82 Turning Wheels. A photo included as part of Fred Fox's coverage of the '61 Larks has a caption that reads:
                            " Another styling concept INTRODUCED in 1961 was the Skytop sunroof option. The Skytop was available for $185 extra on any Lark sedan or hardtop. The option was continued through 1963."

If the answer "1960" IS correct, then I missed only one answer.

Miscreant adrift in
                            the BerStuda Triangle!!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                            1960 Larkvertible V8
                            1958 Provincial wagon
                            1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Leonard,

Per page 7 of the October '82 Turning Wheels. A photo included as part of Fred Fox's coverage of the '61 Larks has a caption that reads:
                              " Another styling concept INTRODUCED in 1961 was the Skytop sunroof option. The Skytop was available for $185 extra on any Lark sedan or hardtop. The option was continued through 1963."

If the answer "1960" IS correct, then I missed only one answer.

Miscreant adrift in
                              the BerStuda Triangle!!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                              1960 Larkvertible V8
                              1958 Provincial wagon
                              1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Working...
                              X