Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pro Street Avanti...wonder if Brad Bez would approve??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pro Street Avanti...wonder if Brad Bez would approve??

https://www.motortrend.com/features/...debaker-avanti

An interesting build, for sure. When we see the number of unfortunately-decrepit Studebaker Avantis available, it's obvious there are plenty of them to go around...and better that one of them is revitalized in this way than parted out.

A few errors in the author's historical account of Avantis, of course, but to be expected. Otherwise, nicely done...and the car is certainly unique. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I like the fact that he left the body stock or close to it. Really the only thing I don't like is the hot wheels wheels.
      Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

Brad Bez approves.
        Bez Auto Alchemy
        573-318-8948
        http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by t walgamuth View Post
          I like the fact that he left the body stock or close to it. Really the only thing I don't like is the hot wheels wheels.
          I agree. The wheels would not be my choice. All of these hoops with the spokes curving outward look like they were designed for front wheel drive.
          "In the heart of Arkansas."
          Searcy, Arkansas
          1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
          1952 2R pickup

Comment

I'm generally a purist when it comes to Studebakers, however, I like what Peterson did with this car (it is HIS afterall). There is still no mistaking what it is going down the road. I imagine it is a very nice ride.
            Ed Sallia
            Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

I would make space in my garage for it. I even kinda like the orange interior.

Comment

That was a factory option. Rick Moon's Avanti has it. I love it!
                Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

I like stock restored cars but even I have transplanted engines and other things into Studebakers. I put a 425 Oldsmobile in a Hawk with a 65 Corvette rear suspension. So I also enjoy seeing modified Studebakers. This looks like a well done job.
                  David L

Comment

Originally posted by t walgamuth View Post
                    That was a factory option. Rick Moon's Avanti has it. I love it!
                    After almost 55 years of Avanti ownership, I can still say the one Avanti I really wanted, and never able to get, is a white round HL, with orange interior!

Comment

Originally posted by Hawklover View Post

After almost 55 years of Avanti ownership, I can still say the one Avanti I really wanted, and never able to get, is a white round HL, with orange interior!
                      Ooooh yes! If I had an Avanti in a color REMOTELY compatible, I want that orange interior!
                      Even turquoise - slap a Little Mermaid decal on the window to tie it all together.
                      Andy
                      62 GT

Comment

Originally posted by Hawklover View Post

Would be interesting to know how many Avanti creamsicles were built.

jack vines

PackardV8

Comment

Working...
                        X