Studebaker C Cab Engine Compartment Decals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker C Cab Engine Compartment Decals

Does anyone happen to know if there is a posting/schematic of where the decals should be placed in the engine compartment for my 1955 E7? Thanks for your help.

Originally posted by Sirramblelot View Post
    Does anyone happen to know if there is a posting/schematic of where the decals should be placed in the engine compartment for my 1955 E7? Thanks for your help.
    The "RouteStar224" decals are centered on the Valve Covers, the Air Cleaner Decal faces forward, the Oil Filter Decals are about self explanatory, the Anti-Freeze Tag was wired onto the Radiator Filler Neck, there would not be much more.

The Climatizer Decal was only used on Dealer installed units on the Heater Core Box.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

A minor nitpick. I don't think the "RouteStar 224" name for the 224 V8 came into use until the 1956 models -- or possibly at the very end of the 1955 model year. The 1955 truck data book, and the 1955 sales and specification literature all use the same Econo-miser name (or no name at all) for the 224 as for the 6-cylinder models. I believe I have a copy of the company sales letter that introduced the new truck engine names, but it would take a bit of digging to find it. I believe the engine names came along with the new Transtar name in 1956, which was accompanied by a (rare for Studebaker) flood of truck sales info, including a special Transtar binder to hold it all.

I also don't believe the Climatizer decal appeared until 1956 or even later. Over the years, I collected several sets of NOS truck heater kits, including the AC-2737 kit, which wasn't available until 1955. I also stripped the heaters out of several 6 volt Stude trucks. None of them had the decal.

Before someone accuses me of being an authenticity nerd, please be aware that I put a (unauthentic) heater decal on the heater box of my 1954 model 3R6, and intend to also put a (unauthentic) WorkStar 246 decal on the plug wire loom, too. They do dress up the engine compartment.

Skip Lackie

Comment

Thanks so much for all the useful information!

Comment

Skip Lackie, I too followed the "well, I like it's looks" theory and put a "289 High Performance" decal on our Avanti's air cleaner lid ! I also have Avanti stickers on the centers of the Shelby wheels we have on our 55 coupe ! Is nothing sacred ? Nope, not if I like it and it doesn't hurt, ha ha ! The previous owner put President emblems a TT emblem, and trunk latch surround on our BLACK 55 and it is a Commander that was yellow and white per the build sheet !.... I'm OK with all that too. Cars were manufactured at a certain cost cap, then sold to us humans to finish out as we see fit I think, lol.

Comment

Working...
            X