1957 Transtar seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1957 Transtar seats

Does anyone know what materials and colors were available for seat upholstery in a 1957 1/2 ton pickup? I have a hunch there wasn't a lot of variety. It has the C4 deluxe cab.

JT

If you chose Saddle Tan or Plain Brown, I don't think you would be far off of what Most had.

I don't know if this '59 4E is actually Original or not, but apparently some Transtars were not just Plain Solid Color, Heavy Duty Vinyl like most, depending on Year. Some Deluxe's were fairly Fancy!

Click image for larger version  Name:	4E11 245 3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	19.1 KB ID:	1885176 This a a 4E11 with a Original Radio, note the Kick Panel mounted Speaker.

Click image for larger version  Name:	59 Stude 4E7g.jpg Views:	0 Size:	47.2 KB ID:	1885177 This one is another '59, a 4E7 Both with Cloth and Vinyl, but Trucks always had some really Tough Material to take the expected beating.

Last edited by StudeRich; 03-14-2021, 07:32 PM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

The 57-61 parts book does not list the seat cover materials, but does list the interior panel colors, which might provide a clue to available seat colors. I have a couple of sets of NOS vinyl seat covers for late 50s trucks that I bought decades ago and am saving for a possible future restoration. They are both different shades of tan/brown. I assume they are standard C2 covers; the C4 covers might very well be two-tone.
      Skip Lackie

Comment

Originally posted by Skip Lackie View Post
        The 57-61 parts book does not list the seat cover materials, but does list the interior panel colors, which might provide a clue to available seat colors. I have a couple of sets of NOS vinyl seat covers for late 50s trucks that I bought decades ago and am saving for a possible future restoration. They are both different shades of tan/brown. I assume they are standard C2 covers; the C4 covers might very well be two-tone.
        I too had sets of NOS seat covers for mid-50s Studebaker pickups. I included them with the sale of a pickup and also sold them for $25 per set (none left). I remember them as being a darkish brown. IIRC, they were Naugahyde (really tough).
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
        X