How your Stude hurts you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How your Stude hurts you?

ok, I’ve got loose window channel, and window down on a bumpy road, elbow out...OUCH. A pinch from the door glass! Tightening up bolts on a PB booster OUCH. Hood pivot bracket sharp corner right into the scalp! Waxing the bottom back of rear fenders OUCH catch the sharp edge of the bumper!

Hood safety latch on the top of a bald head?
    "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10,
    '51 Commander Starlight,
    '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée",
    '56 Sky Hawk

Comment

After 9 years with Josephine only phsycological hurts one after another...
      Maby she'a a witch? Hmmm... Her way of telling me that we aint ment to roam the roads for enternity?
      Had a car like that before; an ungratefull -64 SAAB, good in high speeds at small gravel roads but kept on breaking small stuff all the time, but Josephine hardly even let me drive her much until some awfull vibrations comes along & she goes back in the barn...

Last edited by Noxnabaker; 01-12-2021, 12:39 PM.
      sigpic

Josephine
      Champion V8
      4d sedan

Comment

Ok. Would you rather your wife, or girl friend, stand around while your working on it, whacking you with a Peach tree switch every time she thought you were going to be injured by the car????? Hmmmmmm? Seems to me that some of you might actually prefer this...............

Bo
        Bo

Comment

The last time I replaced the bushings of the A-Arm of my 1955 President, the jack slipped away just in the moment I want to install the bolt of the A-Arm and the A-Arm tried to brake my forearm. It hurt really much, but fortunately my arm was ok.

Comment

Martin, here's your number. Wife owes you 6 whacks with a Peach tree switch...... Where were your jack stands my boy???

Bo
            Bo

Comment

Originally posted by Bo Markham View Post
              Ok. Would you rather your wife, or girl friend, stand around while your working on it, whacking you with a Peach tree switch every time she thought you were going to be injured by the car????? Hmmmmmm? Seems to me that some of you might actually prefer this...............

Bo
              Yes, please! (So long as I get to eat the peaches )
              Andy
              62 GT

Comment

Originally posted by Bo Markham View Post
                ...... Where were your jack stands my boy???

Bo
                Hmm, I thought I do it the correct way, as mentioned in the Shop Manual

Click image for larger version  Name:	Jack Manual.JPG Views:	0 Size:	85.1 KB ID:	1874655Click image for larger version  Name:	20180714_103613.jpg Views:	0 Size:	85.5 KB ID:	1874656Click image for larger version  Name:	20180714_103625.jpg Views:	0 Size:	67.9 KB ID:	1874657

But the red rolling jack slipped away, ouch .

New Bushings and Springs installed (after the pain in my arm had been gone )
                Click image for larger version

Name:	20180719_103203.jpg
Views:	302
Size:	75.6 KB
ID:	1874658
                Last edited by gsx_martin; 01-12-2021, 01:48 PM.

Comment

The "Tooth" of the hood and the corners of the trunk lid. On the positive side, I'm taller now due to the bumps.

Comment

I hope the jack stands were not the recalled Harbor Freight items........hummm, still have not checked my various stands to see if any are on the list......another darned winter job to do before the hobby auto working season is upon me! Sherm / Green Bay / 63R089

Comment

I am embarrassed to admit this, it was so stupid, but my car tried to kill me and nearly succeeded. A 55 K up on blocks, no way it could fall off, except it did with me under it. Eventually my wife found me and I was able to explain to her how to use a jack and get the car off me. Nothing broken but I was sore for a month.
                      Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
                      50 Champion 2 door*
                      53 Commander K Auto*
                      53 Commander K overdrive*
                      55 President Speedster
                      62 GT 4Speed*
                      63 Avanti R1*
                      64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Comment

how about hitting the top of your head while climbing out and forgetting the drive on lift above your head is waiting for stupid? yes, more than ..............I can count

Comment

Originally posted by rockne10 View Post
                          Hood safety latch on the top of a bald head?
                          Times 2!! Yeeeooouch!!

Comment

My shoulder harness won't retract properly.
                            Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

busted knuckles, a blue billion times I've given blood in some form or another, and of course the hood on the head. almost forgot rust in the eyes.

Comment

Working...
                              X