• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2R10 dash light question

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	126.7 KB
ID:	1873696 There are two holes on my dash above the gauges. I think these are for the turn signal indicators. Is that correct?
    Last edited by CEPCNC; 01-07-2021, 07:14 AM.

Whatever they are for they were not there when your truck left the factory.

Comment

My truck had holes like that for the turn indicators when I got it. Not factory, but it is a good place for them.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN4338.JPG
Views:	92
Size:	136.0 KB
ID:	1873711
      "In the heart of Arkansas."
      Searcy, Arkansas
      1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
      1952 2R pickup

Comment

The switches for some accessories were recommended to be installed there, though many dealers put them elsewhere. Among those accessories were cigarette lighter, fog lights, and manual throttle cable.
        Skip Lackie

Comment

It must be remembered that the somewhat rare on R Series Light Trucks, the Factory Turn Signal Option used the Aftermarket Type Box on the Column and had usually, one warning light on the Box with the L/R Lever, nothing went on the dash.

Click image for larger version  Name:	2R11 Green6.jpg Views:	0 Size:	100.4 KB ID:	1873792 Here is one with the Light, since it is Chrome it may be Aftermarket, but it's similar to the Factory Option.
          Last edited by StudeRich; 01-07-2021, 05:26 PM.
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Than you all for your input. My turn signal box appears to be original. Starting tomorrow, I'll have four days off in a row (very rare to have even one day off) and I finally have a starter to install and the locksmith comes out this weekend to set me up with some keys. With any luck I'll have it running by the 12th.

I asked this question because I viewed it as an option and I had some various parts I found in the vehicle last week when I took the seat out. They are two very small red lights that appear they'll fit right in there.
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X