No announcement yet.

Keep the critters out of your Stude!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As I was told, the soap is brand-specific, but the dryer sheets aren't; any brand will do. I bought generic brand.

Robert K. Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

As I was told, the soap is brand-specific, but the dryer sheets aren't; any brand will do. I bought generic brand.

Robert K. Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
      Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

I don't have any critters, but a friend of mine suggested slicing up an apple and putting it under the seat to rid the car of it's musty smell. Seems like some critters might show up after that though.[)]

[img=left]http://www.bulletshots.net/images/stella3.jpg[/img=left]1951 Commander Starlight Coupe (aka "Stella")

Comment

I don't have any critters, but a friend of mine suggested slicing up an apple and putting it under the seat to rid the car of it's musty smell. Seems like some critters might show up after that though.[)]

[img=left]http://www.bulletshots.net/images/stella3.jpg[/img=left]1951 Commander Starlight Coupe (aka "Stella")

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Eman

I seem to remember that certain, er, herb fanciers favored chunks of apple to keep their stash from becoming too dry.[8D]

Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Eman

I seem to remember that certain, er, herb fanciers favored chunks of apple to keep their stash from becoming too dry.[8D]

Comment

Gord,

I have heard that folks also did the same thing with tobacco. Sounds like they just transferred their knowledge to another product (looking for the up in smoke smiley).

Gary

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

Gord,

I have heard that folks also did the same thing with tobacco. Sounds like they just transferred their knowledge to another product (looking for the up in smoke smiley).

Gary

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

I've tried mothballs and dryersheets. In most cases they work, there's always exceptions. In my '52 Commander there's one little devil who loves to collect mothballs. I've thrown out two nests that were filled with them. Dryer sheets don't seem to bother it. I continue to struggle with him/her and the fight goes on... I'll try the soap.

Lotsa Larks!
                    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                    Ron Smith
                    Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                    Ron Smith
                    Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

I've tried mothballs and dryersheets. In most cases they work, there's always exceptions. In my '52 Commander there's one little devil who loves to collect mothballs. I've thrown out two nests that were filled with them. Dryer sheets don't seem to bother it. I continue to struggle with him/her and the fight goes on... I'll try the soap.

Lotsa Larks!
                      Ron Smith
                      Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                      Ron Smith
                      Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

I have tried dryer sheets and Irish Spring soap too. The critters ate the soap!!!! I later found a couple of dead ones so I guess the soap didn't set too well with them.

Comment

I have tried dryer sheets and Irish Spring soap too. The critters ate the soap!!!! I later found a couple of dead ones so I guess the soap didn't set too well with them.

Comment

I once had an old t-bird that had been infested w/mice. After stripping the whole interior out and scrubbing it all down-I re-installed the interior,and spread a couple sliced up apples around inside. I picked up my son from school[about 10 years old at time]asked him if the car smelled any better-he said yeah,it smells like poop and apples...

Oglesby,Il
                            61Hawk "Studebaker? It must be hard to find parts for those!"
                            Oglesby,Il.

Comment

I once had an old t-bird that had been infested w/mice. After stripping the whole interior out and scrubbing it all down-I re-installed the interior,and spread a couple sliced up apples around inside. I picked up my son from school[about 10 years old at time]asked him if the car smelled any better-he said yeah,it smells like poop and apples...

Oglesby,Il
                              61Hawk "Studebaker? It must be hard to find parts for those!"
                              Oglesby,Il.

Comment

I just went with the mothballs this year. When the snow gets low enough to get in the buildings, we'll see how my cars fared.

Hopefully they escaped unscathed; it's bad enough they'll smell like my Grandma's basement[xx(]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                                Parish, central NY 13131

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that parking is a pleasure, traffic is a breeze, turning's no trick at all, and happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

Working...
                                X