Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Counting Cars - Alice Cooper's Dream (2020-10-24)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Counting Cars - Alice Cooper's Dream (2020-10-24)

The episode of Counting Cars airing tonight on History Channel is "Alice Cooper's Dream". The shop is going to work on Alice's white Avanti. This aired tonight (Saturday October 24) after the Barrett-Jackson fall 2020 event .

Of course Coop' and his cars have been talked about here a few times...

Saw it... disappointing, white 63 on a trailer and too much jawing. I liked the firetruck though and am sad that they are probably wrecking a nice Avanti.

Comment

Does he even own a shirt with sleeves? I haven't watched any car shows since I pulled the plug on cable and just have an antenna on the TV. Don't really miss Counting Cars.

Bob Miles

Comment

As I understand it. this Danny guy was the headliner at a car show in Fargo-Moorhead. Heard he was a total prick.

Comment

Originally posted by StudeCat View Post
          The episode of Counting Cars airing tonight on History Channel is "Alice Cooper's Dream". The shop is going to work on Alice's white Avanti. This aired tonight (Saturday October 24) after the Barrett-Jackson fall 2020 event .

Of course Coop' and his cars have been talked about here a few times...
          Not much Avanti on this show so I'll guess it gets more coverage on the next episode.

Say what you want about the show and it's characters but I have a mute button and I really like the dual Dragon theme that Ryan put on the H-D motorcycle in this episode. They are certainly skilled in what they do.

Bob

Comment

I think they cut the sleeves off and wear them around their head.

Comment

There were way too many Ford references in the episode. They didn't come out and say it, but it sure seemed to me that they thought the 289 was a Ford.
              Wayne
              "Trying to shed my CASO ways"

sigpic‚Äč

Comment

Alice Cooper purchased the car from a dealer here in Newberg, Oregon. It needed some work before shipping it to Arizona and it was driven over to Precision Automotive in Newberg. It was then put on a trailer and shipped to Alice. I had looked it over when it was at the dealership and it seemed like a pretty decent car for a reasonable price. I was surprised when I found out who bought it. I kinda got the impression he wanted to keep it stock. If he sent it to Danny's shop that indicates otherwise. I guess we will have to wait and see what they do to it.
                Ed Sallia
                Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Counting, and such all have WAY too much drama for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Eddie View Post
                    Alice Cooper purchased the car from a dealer here in Newberg, Oregon. It needed some work before shipping it to Arizona and it was driven over to Precision Automotive in Newberg. It was then put on a trailer and shipped to Alice. I had looked it over when it was at the dealership and it seemed like a pretty decent car for a reasonable price. I was surprised when I found out who bought it. I kinda got the impression he wanted to keep it stock. If he sent it to Danny's shop that indicates otherwise. I guess we will have to wait and see what they do to it.
                    The host suggested to Cooper they go GM Corvette engine and trannie with a Ford rear end and Cooper said fine. Lets do it. Be an Avanti body on a GM-Ford drive train I guess. Probably have to replace front suspension and brakes among numerous other things to build this Frankenstein.

Comment

E. Davis, sounds like there could be an Avanti engine and transmission available. How does one get in touch with Danny?
                      Ed Sallia
                      Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

I don't know...maybe through the TV network or one of the Las Vegas car clubs?

Comment

Originally posted by E. Davis View Post

The host suggested to Cooper they go GM Corvette engine and trannie with a Ford rear end and Cooper said fine. Lets do it. Be an Avanti body on a GM-Ford drive train I guess. Probably have to replace front suspension and brakes among numerous other things to build this Frankenstein.
                          Might as well have purchased a 1987-1989 Avanti for a lot less money and not altered the 1963 Avanti.
                          Gary L.
                          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

That particular Avanti was purchased by the Newberg dealer at a Silver Auction at Ft. McDowell, AZ. I was at that auction and saw the car, and actually met and chatted with the Newberg guy. He also bought a yellow TR6 roadster at the same sale.
                            Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

Working...
                            X