License Plate Frame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• License Plate Frame

The Daytona originally came from Capitol Studebaker in Sacramento, CA. Does anyone have pictures, broken pieces and even a badly worn frame from this dealership? I found someone who can 'recreate' a new frame if I can show what an original looked like. Anything out there?
    Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
    1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

If you look here: https://forum.studebakerdriversclub....debaker-keys-2 someone back in 2011 gave away plates with Capitol Studebaker frames. I checked and the person who got them is still an active member. You should be able to message them and hopefully they either still have them, or at least have photos. The photos in the original ad are no longer valid, so there are just placeholders now.
    Dean Seavers
    Sacramento, CA

Comment

Originally posted by voxnut View Post
      If you look here: https://forum.studebakerdriversclub....debaker-keys-2 someone back in 2011 gave away plates with Capitol Studebaker frames. I checked and the person who got them is still an active member. You should be able to message them and hopefully they either still have them, or at least have photos. The photos in the original ad are no longer valid, so there are just placeholders now.
      Dean, Eddie was a short term poster. I tried tracking him down (San Jose?) and couldn't find him.
      Tom - Bradenton, FL

Comment

It looks to me like JLB got them and he is active today!

Post #9 on that Posted String says this:

"In all fairness, JLB and Anne were the first to respond, thus Anne gets the keys and JLB gets the plate and frame."
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

I definitely had one. I have been searching around today looking, no luck. I do think it will turn up. I just have piles of parts from recently parted cars, and everything is buried. I'll keep trying.

Justin

Comment

Thanks Justin!
            Tom - Bradenton, FL

Comment

JLB couldn't find his. I'm hoping Justin locates his plate frame. Again, if anyone has a frame that they are willing to sell, or at least send pictures of, I would greatly appreciate it.
              Tom - Bradenton, FL

Comment

Swifster, did you ever get the photos of the license plate frame you were needing? I was finishing the storage of my 63 Avanti for the winter and noticed it had a Studebaker dealer license plate frame on the rear. Almost positive it was Capitol Studebaker. Car is not at my home. If you still need a photo, I can go back and take a few.

Comment

Tim, no luck yet. You don't need to make a special trip, but the next time there pictures would be great! Thank you!
                  Tom - Bradenton, FL

Comment

Was going to send a PM but thought everyone might like to see these.

Comment

Those are pretty KOOOL. If you get some made, might I buy a set also. After all... I'm in Sacramento.
                      sals54

Comment

Tim, thank you so much. Sal, let me find out how much. I'll pass that on.
                        Tom - Bradenton, FL

Comment

OK, I sent the photos Tim posted and after a deposit via PayPal tomorrow, he'll get started on the art work. MY dilemma is that the frames in Tim's photos is a reverse rotation frame. So I'M getting two regular rotation frames that will hold the Michigan metal tab in the upper right side of the plate, and three reverse rotation plates. Tim, will you PM me your address? I'm sending you one for your effort. I couldn't do this without your help.

Once I get the art work, I'll bring up the subject of a group buy. Anyone else interested in one?
                          Tom - Bradenton, FL

Comment

Working...
                          X