Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 "Master of Motors" Engine Competition - Studebaker Power Team

(Update 9/19/2020)
    The Studebaker Power Team has been active, even during the bizarre 2020 pandemic year.
    This is the (hopefully) ongoing SDC forum thread about the upcoming efforts.
    The old event name "Engine Masters Challenge" has been retired with the exit of Hot Rod Magazine as the host and event sponsor.
    The new name "Master of Motors" has been chosen by the current event host and sponsors (JE Pistons and Amsoil).
    Please look here for updates and Studebaker Power Team activities.
    Thanks!
    Jeff

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190930_093529.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	120.5 KB
ID:	1857140

Click image for larger version

Name:	2020 Masters of Motors Logo - 640x480 - jpg.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	1857141
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Yup, this is something "bright" to look forward too! I'm impressed with Digger's new engine and anxious to see how the power numbers look when it's up and running. Keep the info coming, Bill.

Comment

(9/19/2020 "Master of Motors" Update)
      Digger can fill in the details, but.......... His progress on the "Master of Motors" Studebaker Power Team engine has been impressive. There has been a decision made to build a new engine specifically to take advantage of the 'Old Iron' class rulebook. More details on this Studebaker V8 engine in later SDC forum updates. Digger Dave basically has the short block ready. Lightened the 259 crankshaft and has the rotating parts all balanced. The cylinder head/intake manifold combo is down at the dyno shop for flow prep work. Only a handful of parts are still needed, and acquiring those pieces is ongoing and underway (some help might be asked for). The delay of this event, along with the new format and hosts, presents a tantalizing opportunity. As long as they do not change the existing rules, the Studebaker Power Team, under Digger Dave's engine guidance, stands a real chance to not just compete... But to compete at the top level...with an opportunity to win the entire event. Think about that. Mathematically, if the actual horsepower and torque computer simulator numbers prove out, this engine package could be in the high end of the point scoring system. That, my fellow Studebaker performance people.... Is very VERY impressive. We have a year to prepare (if they don't change the date). We have time to build, test, change, adjust. What we, as true Studebake Power enthusiasts need to do (shameless begging here) is to help Digger Dave Molnar and the Studebaker Power Team get what they need, and get to the event, and PERFORM. Digger has been relentless in his efforts, all the while battling some serious health issues. I am in awe of his drive, and his talent, and his sincerity to build the best Studebaker powerplant possible for this competition. There will be a push to get the last few needed items and to get the engine and team to the event to compete. There will be some sponsor premiums to thank sponsors who step forward to show their support. Sure, it is shameless begging, but nobody alone can financially do it all. Digger is working, sweating, and wringing out his passion to do this. We all need to help, and share, and be a part of this latest....and best Studebaker power effort.
      Thanks for reading this... I am proud to be a tiny little part of this team.
      It is, in my opinion, somewhat historical in the long annals of Studebaker history.
      Jeff

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Comment

Impressive, Avanti and thanks for the updates - Bob

Comment

Jeff, please get someone you or another to write a story NOW for Turning Wheels. Maybe Mr. Palma can help you if needed. This to o important of an event to just post it here. It needs to be in TW. You have time now to get it in the November issue and please include a paragraph asking for a little financial help as well. If you have questions, PM me here or email me. Address is in TW.
          sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

(Wry smile inserted here)........
            Don,
            Ask the editors of TW.
            They have a very detailed article chronicling the 2019 event submitted for possible publication... Since last December.
            As far as a new article, or series of articles leading up to the 2021 event. Yessir, that should be done...
            I'll send you a note..
            Jeff

Originally posted by Avantidon View Post
            Jeff, please get someone you or another to write a story NOW for Turning Wheels. Maybe Mr. Palma can help you if needed. This to o important of an event to just post it here. It needs to be in TW. You have time now to get it in the November issue and please include a paragraph asking for a little financial help as well. If you have questions, PM me here or email me. Address is in TW.

Jeff

Comment

I swung by Digger's about a week and a half ago on my way back from a road trip the Great Smoky Mountain National Park and picked up a door he was holding for another member back here. Got to see the engine in its current state. Very exciting. Can't wait to hear it run. The competition is pretty close to the date of the Michiana meet. If it overlaps we will have to workout a live stream at the fairgrounds.

Comment

Working...
              X