• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barn find

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/1...fe-148378.html

$6000, but I can dream, can't I?

Comment

This is also covered on this post. I guess they want to sell this car.

forum.studebakerdriversclub.com/forum/your-studebaker-forum/sale-want-found-cars/1854804-1955-speedster-in-south-bend

Bob Miles

Comment

Often bandied about is the statement "there is nothing more expensive than a cheap Avanti." Truer words haven't been spoken, unless you are talking about a 55 Speedster. I've owned about eight of them and restored one, during the 70's. Unless it's a matter of sentiment (labor of love) it's much cheaper to get on e that's already done, or maybe better yet, be satisfied by a nicely kept original.

IMO there are few things that give more pleasure then going through a restoration. That is, if it is done correctly, and carried through to completion. Failing on either goal can be a real bummer. Because of the number of model specific parts, almost all of which were standard, the amount of restoration work required is significantly greater on the Speedster, and more costly, then any other post-war Studebaker.

Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Hallabutt View Post
          Because of the number of model specific parts, almost all of which were standard, the amount of restoration work required is significantly greater on the Speedster, and more costly, then any other post-war Studebaker. Bill
          Hi, Bill, agree with all of the above. However, one can make similar statements about the 1956-'57-'58 Golden Hawks and the '58 Packard Hawk. Because of the very low production, 1958 Studebaker President Starlight hardtop might be even more difficult.

jack vines

PackardV8

Comment

Working...
          X