Fantom Works Avanti Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fantom Works Avanti Show

Just noticed that Spectrum Cable is re-running the Avanti show today. I am going to check it out.

Forgot to mention - it's on the Motor Trend channel.

Comment

Originally posted by VtMike View Post
      Forgot to mention - it's on the Motor Trend channel.
      If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it. Look past the money and angst associated with the production and you will see a beautiful Avanti. Pay attention at the end when it leaves the shop and you can see the paint job in the light as it turns into the street!

As an aside, Motortrend is $5/mo and one of the best buys for a car guy. There a library of most of their shows and a number that aren't regularly shown and no commercials. I watch an episode or two most evenings during the week.

Bob
      Last edited by sweetolbob; 08-31-2020, 07:23 AM.

Comment

I saw that episode a couple of times. Very interesting. The shop owner, Dan, has taken in several Studebakers including a '50 Commander and an R series 1/2 ton pickup truck. He got creative on the truck and stuck a bullet nose on the front grill. He is so proud of that, they have put the truck drawing in the episode openings now.
        Ed Sallia
        Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

I saw the car in Dover. It was very nice.

Comment

I was surprised that an '83 Avanti II didn't have air conditioning or power steering. I would think that would have been a rare one . . . and hard to imagine an Avanti buyer wouldn't have ordered those things.

Comment

Don't believe everything you hear on these shows. My 83 window sticker.
              Click image for larger version  Name:	1983 stccker.jpg Views:	0 Size:	114.4 KB ID:	1854074

Click image for larger version  Name:	1983 window sticker.jpg Views:	0 Size:	89.1 KB ID:	1854071
              Last edited by sweetolbob; 09-02-2020, 04:11 AM.

Comment

I have a hard time imagining being able to even order it without the power steering.
                Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

I've seen some oddball cars at shows where a topline '55 Chevy Bel Air convertible, no less, had no power steering, radio, or anything else associated with a model like that. Some people, like the cars they order, are oddballs or too cheap to sprint for the accessories, or maybe this one was a special order that was never delivered. Who knows? My father bought me a '57 Plymouth leftover in '58 which although it had the V8, had no power steering and I, weighing all of about 115 lbs, struggled mightily trying to park it. It must have been a leftover because nobody wanted a car without power steering, so pop probably figured he'd save a buck on the kid's car.
                  peter lee

Comment

A friend of my dad had a brand new Chrysler 65 or so which came with three on the tree. Apparently someone ordered it and refused it. He got a good deal on it and was a stout fellow who probably did not miss the power. It was fire engine red too.
                    Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

Working...
                    X