Champ Pickup Compared to A Hyundai

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Champ Pickup Compared to A Hyundai

My truck on BaT was just used in an article comparing it to another vehicle that rests on a car frame. Too many inaccuracies to mention. Read at your own risk.

Last plug for my truck... auction closes tomorrow at 1 pm. Price is up to $16,000.
    Before the Hyundai Santa Cruz and Honda Ridgeline came along, 1960s America had its own car-based pickup: the Studebaker Champ.

I think we will agree, the Champ was not a car-based pickup. It merely had the front-half of a body that was derived from a car with the bed being a true truck bed and the running gear and bumpers from a truck. However, Ford Ranchero and Chevrolet ElCamino were car-based pickups in that they not only looked like their car counterparts, but they had the same running gear/suspension.
    By the way, your Champ (or soon to be former Champ) should be on the cover of Turning Wheels.
    sigpic
    In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Another mistake that they made was that they only came in a half ton version.

Comment

Originally posted by abkco View Post
        My truck on BaT was just used in an article comparing it to another vehicle that rests on a car frame. Too many inaccuracies to mention. Read at your own risk.

Last plug for my truck... auction closes tomorrow at 1 pm. Price is up to $16,000.
        I mean, this regularity of inaccuracies I feel is standard stuff from that caliber of journalism. I'm taking classes in college right now so that I hopefully don't end up doing that. Best of luck with your Champ on BaT. It's as sweet as a nut!
        Jake Robinson Kaywell: Shoo-wops and doo-wops galore to the background of some fine Studes. I'm eager and ready to go!

1962 GT Hawk - "Daisy-Mae" - she came dressed to kill in etherial green with a charming turquoise inside. I'm hopelessly in love!

Comment

Totally ignores the Express, or am I mistaken? Too many ads in that article.

Comment

Someone didn't do their homework. Shame, shame.
            Ed Sallia
            Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Originally posted by tsenecal View Post
              Another mistake that they made was that they only came in a half ton version.
              Tom I don't follow your statement, what only came in a half ton? the champ came in larger trucks up to the end, as far has the others who really cars? also the champ was made from the 4 door car body making the doors interchangeable with lark cars up to 63.

Candbstudebakers
              Castro Valley,
              California

Comment

Hi, yes my post was poorly written. The article states that the champ only came in a half ton model. I was just pointing out the mistake. I know of a 3/4 ton for sale, but need to finish up a few other projects first.

Comment

Working...
                X