New nest for studebakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New nest for studebakers

I am moving all my Studebaker, cars and stuff into my new shop, serious question, how many core, rusty fenders, heavy parts does a guy keep, example, rusty hawk fender, good apron, keep or pitch? I have free stuff posted on addicts page now

What ever you throw away, you will need within a year. Maybe sort the stuff and stack it neatly where you can find it quickly.
    RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
    4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
    5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

I see two reasonable choices; 1) don't keep any of it or 2) keep the best example of each item. My experience is that what I kept I did not need. If you keep none of it, just shop for what you need if that situation arises.
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

It's all good stuff until you have to move, then it becomes________ fill in the blank.

Honestly there are plenty of good parts out there. Saving junk is a fools errand. Ask yourself if the part is something you would use on your own car? If the answer is no, it's probably not going to be any use to anyone else. There are fewer and fewer cars every day, and less and less people doing work on their cars, and fewer still, doing restoration work. Get rid of it now or someone else will have to in the future. Do as I say not as I do!

Bill

Comment

Cool . Bruce, so you built or bought a new "Birdcage" for your Larks and Hawks!
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by RadioRoy View Post
            What ever you throw away, you will need within a year.
            Somebody should print that quote on a T-shirt!
            sigpic
            In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Originally posted by RadioRoy View Post
              What ever you throw away, you will need within a year. Maybe sort the stuff and stack it neatly where you can find it quickly.
              True statement
              Charles

1961 Lark Regal VIII 259/auto -- Lucy

Comment

do you happen to have an A/C dryer for my 64R1? the dryer may be the same for the 62 & 63 Hawks
                Mark

Comment

I bought, 36x65, finished, 1.3 acres, is food process clean, heat, a/c, originally built as a car shop, has a paint booth! for now the wife even likes it, great to be back to cars, been off for about 10 years

Comment

Working...
                  X