Made a Studebaker flag!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Made a Studebaker flag!

Howdy everyone! Out of boredom, and because one of my areas of interest is vexillology, I decided to make a Studebaker flag. I put a good deal of effort into its design, with every detail having meaning, so here's the full list behind it.

- Red, white, and blue colors = the American nationality of the Studebaker Corp. and most of its admirers.
    - Border = the edges of the Earth, the foreign lands where Studebaker has had an impact.
    - Saltire = Studebaker's far-reaching influence.
    - Diamond = reference to baseball, which both helped to build up America and was hugely supported by the Studebaker family.
    - Iron Cross (x2) = German ancestry of the original Studebakers. One cross is for J. M. Studebaker and the other is for Clement Studebaker, the two most important members in my view.
    - Lazy S = most prominent logo of the Corp. proper.

Enjoy!
    Click image for larger version  Name:	studebaker-flag.jpg Views:	0 Size:	29.9 KB ID:	1848084

Jake Robinson Kaywell: Shoo-wops and doo-wops galore to the background of some fine Studes. I'm eager and ready to go!

1962 GT Hawk - "Daisy-Mae" - she came dressed to kill in etherial green with a charming turquoise inside. I'm hopelessly in love!

Not bad from this Canadians perspective. After all they did finish in Canada in 1966.
    Bob
    Bob
    Welland Ontario
    60 Lark Convertible
    64 Daytona
    sigpic
    "They were meant to be driven ... so keep on cruizin"

Comment

OH, Oh, someone will say it's a bit too much like a Rebel Flag! If it's Yours you should be able to do whatever you like with it, as long as it flies BELOW the American Flag.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Studebaker family crest.jpg
Views:	317
Size:	6.6 KB
ID:	1848143 Packard used for several years the family emblem which had a Comorant feeding the young at the top of the crest. Studebaker has a family crest: Studebaker Coat of Arms / Studebaker Family Crest
        You can purchase items with the family crest including the flag.

The surname Studebaker was first found in Switzerland, where the name came from humble beginnings Stutenbecker(meaning maker of pies) but gained a significant reputation for its contribution to the emerging medieval society. It later became more prominent as many branches of the same house acquired distant estates and branches, some in foreign countries, always elevating their social status by their great contributions to society. The rest of the story is covered on the emigre

Bonanza.com can make a flag with the Studebaker Family crest for $29.99 plus shipping. I have no interest in the company, just what I found on the internet. From humble beginnings to corporate foundation.

Bob Miles

Comment

Fun with flags!
          "Man plans, God laughs".

Anon

Comment

The Ancient Templars also used the "Iron" Cross, although not called the "Iron" Cross. One must be careful of the shape as there is a subtle difference and would normally be mistaken, one for the other. That said, the difference is SO...subtle, it may as well actually be the same shape.
            Sort of the same meaning.

From the realms of history (and fiction), Museum Replicas brings you these carefully created blogs and articles based on the world of medieval heraldry and beyond., Knowledge of Templar symbols and their meanings have endured over the centuries and this blog discusses some of the more important symbols of the Crusades.

Mike

Comment

Working...
            X