Quora Digest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quora Digest

This website provides a wide range of information on topics which you chose. Featured today is a lengthy article with photos about the '53 Starliner, Raymond Lowey, and other Studie-related facts.
    peter lee

I would appreciate it if someone could provide a link to the 1953 Starliner part.
    BTW, it is Loewy.
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

This is the only thing I could find.
      https://www.quora.com/Why-was-the-St...car-ever-built

Comment

There's one Glaring Error, that jumps out at me, and this author, mentions it twice. It's, certainly, a very popular modification. But in 1953, OHV V8s, and dual exhausts, where not "pretty conventional" and "twin chrome tips" didn't originally "ballance each other"!

Mark
        Last edited by S2Deluxe; 03-18-2020, 02:25 PM.
        sigpic

S2Deluxe = (5H - C3).

Comment

Paul, not very much there
          Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
          '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
          '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
          '62 GT Hawk (4 speed, A/C, Power steering - running and DRIVING!)

Comment

A friend of mine aptly compared it to Wikipedia saying, "You know how Wikipedia is trying to gather all the knowledge of the world? Well, they are gathering all the objective knowledge of the world. Quora is trying to gather all the subjective knowledge." And I guess they're doing a good job of it!

Comment

I've been on Quora and those are not experts on there. It's just normal people like you and me with our own opinions. That's all it is. If you get onto one of the more technical subjects you will get people that have very intelligent answers. But for the most part it's just another place for people to express their opinion. It would be like someone asking here what the best oil is or what the best spark plug to use is. You'll get a million answers that is mostly all based on opinion.

Comment

Working...
              X