Where do I find Pre-War parts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do I find Pre-War parts?

Having trouble finding places to look for prewar parts. Been through the online searches with little luck. Looking for a fan pulley for my 1929 Commander 6. Any suggestions??

Strongly suggest that you join the Antique Studebaker Club and network with owners. No "one stop shopping center" for 90+ year old Studebaker parts.

No shortage of info should you need it. A few of many examples below. Have lots, lots more.
    Attached Files
    Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Also recommend joining the Studebaker Drivers Club as well. Our March issue of Turning Wheels, the club's award winning magazine, is our 2nd annual Vendor's Issue with over 160+ vendors listed in it.

Here's an on line link to join: http://www.studebakerdriversclub.com/join.asp
      sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Wen you are looking for Studebaker parts you need part numbers .Most Studebaker vendors stock their parts by part number.That part may fit many cars.
        Parts books are readily available.

Comment

Hey! Glad you're here! As a note of "encouragement"...I wish I was fortunate enough to have a pre-war Studebaker to fuss over and be vexed looking for parts.

As you can see by the comments, there are resources available and I encourage you to jump in with both feet and accept your good fortune as an opportunity to exercise your skills in appreciating, preserving, and enjoying your portion of the legacy of our shared history! If you have curiosity, mechanical skills, and the ability to improvise...you are ahead of the game.
          John Clary
          Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Both the SDC and the ASC allow their members to post free want ads in their magazines.
            The ASC magazine especially has many pages of cars and parts, both wanted and for sale, as well as service providers.
            Brad Johnson,
            SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
            '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
            '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Originally posted by Andrewebbert View Post
              Looking for a fan pulley for my 1929 Commander 6. Any suggestions??
              First name that comes to my mind would be George Rohrbach.
              He goes by Georger on this forum, and you can send him a private message here. https://forum.studebakerdriversclub....er/584-georger

Brad Johnson,
              SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
              Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
              '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
              '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

The AACA Forum has a Studebaker, Erskine & Rockne section primarily for the earlier vehicles.

Here is the link: https://forums.aaca.org/forum/21-stu...rskine-rockne/
                Dan Peterson
                Montpelier, VT
                1960 Lark V-8 Convertible
                1960 Lark V-8 Convertible (parts car)

Comment

My 1928-40 reprinted Parts Catalog for all sixes shows the fan pulley as p/n 126242. It was used on all 6-cylinder cars from 1929-31 but not on any 8-cylinder models. I'm assuming you mean the pulley that mounts on the water pump, not down on the crankshaft.
                  Gary Ash
                  Dartmouth, Mass.

'32 Indy car replica (in progress)
                  ’41 Commander Land Cruiser
                  '48 M5
                  '65 Wagonaire Commander
                  '63 Wagonaire Standard
                  web site at http://www.studegarage.com

Comment

Andrew - PM me and l will give you the phone # of my friend, who very likely has one.
                    Roger Hill

60 Lark Vlll, hardtop, black/red, Power Kit, 3 spd. - "Juliette"
                    61 Champ Deluxe, 6, black/red, o/d, long box. - "Jeri"
                    Junior Wagon - "Junior"

"In the end, dear undertaker,
                    Ride me in a Studebaker"

Comment

The pulley is mounted on the spindle that comes off the timing chain. Then the shaft that spins the water pump is attached to the pulley. I was finally able to get a local machine shop to drill it out and put a sleeve in it. Running well now.
                      Thanks for the leads everyone. We are on the road!

Comment

Working...
                      X