I can't find 1320358W in the parts book. Looking for some help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't find 1320358W in the parts book. Looking for some help

I can't find 1320358W in the parts book. This is an NOS chrome tail light housing. I see that number ending in a "P" for a primed/painted housing but can't find the one ending in "W" for the chromed housing. Can someone please help me locate that in the parts book so I can determine what it fits? Much appreciated.
    Last edited by studefan; 01-11-2020, 10:25 AM.

That same part number with a "P" behind it is the painted version of 1320358W.
    This is a tail light housing used in 1957.
    The painted version was used on the lower priced line and the chromed version was used on the more expansive lines.
    https://studebaker-info.org/Partpicsxnum2/pne.html

Comment

Thank you Bob. I'm tracking all of that but wondering where the chromed housing (W) actually appears in the parts book.

Comment

The 619-6 (Pic #) 1320901W Tail Light Housing appears in the Proper YEAR Chassis Parts Catalog.

It is not about Trim level, it's about Year. '58 Packard Hawks and '59-'61 Hawks (except '59S) are Chrome.
        Sorry, I guess you are not looking for a C or K Tail Light???

________________________________________________________________________________ __

UPDATE: OK I get it now, looked up '57 Sedan/Wagons and found there are NO Scotsman Chrome Housings (of course), Champions, Commanders and Presidents get 1320356 Rt. and 1320357 Lt. Chrome "Housing", but without a "W"!!!!! This is the outer "Frame".

The "Body" 619-9 with the Lamp reflector and Bulb Socket, I would call a "Insert" to the Housing, is 1320353 for (2) and is also Chrome but with Paint, and should be a WP but is not.

This error may be a case of the "Electrical Group" not properly communicating with the "Body Group"!

What this also tells us is; that there is "Some" other difference in the Blueprint of the Scotsman Primed Housing and the Other D, P, W, F, and Y Chrome Housings besides Finish.
        Type of MATERIAL or Lack of a Back-Up Light maybe?
        Last edited by StudeRich; 01-11-2020, 02:27 PM.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Thanks for the research Rich. I guess we can conclude that these fit 1957 sedans and wagons with the chrome outer housings. And, for some reason, the factory didn't list them in the parts book. Very odd.

Comment

Actually NO, these ARE them: Quote: "Champions, Commanders and Presidents get 1320356 Rt. and 1320357 Lt. Chrome 'Housing'. " Right there where they belong in Group 619.
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Rich, I see those numbers in the book. This chrome tail light housing is NOS in the original box. The part number on the original tag on the Studebaker box is 1320358W. I was just wondering why I couldn't find that number in Group 619 or anywhere else. Oh well. At least we know it fits the 57s'.

Comment

Working...
              X