Tommy & Peg at Mansfield, observation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tommy & Peg at Mansfield, observation

Great article in December, 2019 Turning Wheels by Larry Michael regarding the reunion of Tommy and Peg, after Tommy's restoration at the Pennsylvania College of Technology in Williamsport, PA.
    Thanks to folks at the Swigart, The Studebaker National Museum, the Keystone Region Chapter and the students and faculty at Penn Tech for making it happen.

One thing I did notice; and it's just an observation, not a criticism; The archive photo of Tommy shows him with all four fenders. While today he only has two, and Peg has none.
    I wonder if these were lost before or after the 1939 World's Fair.

Click image for larger version

Name:	001.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	165.1 KB
ID:	1812497Click image for larger version

Name:	002.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	101.9 KB
ID:	1812498
    "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Wonder if there are any photos from the World's Fair floating around on the Web that might shed a little light on that question...

Comment

To make a long story short, Peg's fenders do exist and were only recently discovered in the SNM Museum in South Bend. For some reason they were in a different place and were discovered when the Penn Tech student was there to look at Peg and discover why she did not run. Who knows one day she may too.
      sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Working...
      X