Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raymond Loewy Article

https://journal.classiccars.com/2019...and-otherwise/

Thanks Robert. I meant to post this when the announcement came out in the AACA Speedster a few days ago. I have already joined.

Comment

Nice piece but they forgot to mention Loewy's gift to America in the form of AF-1 paint scheme in 1962 and long association with the Pennsylvania Railroad along with huuuuge S-1 locomotive...

Comment

They refer to a Studebaker Starlight twice when they mean a Starliner. They even picture a Starliner that they label a Starlight.
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Well intentioned article, but poorly researched.
          The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

As I recall, it was only a few weeks ago that a different article by this same author received a very low grade for accuracy and research.
            Skip Lackie

Comment

A more complete and factual article is in the latest Avanti Magazine issue, just in the mail Nov. 19.
              Lew Schucart
              Editor, Avanti Magazine

Comment

Some years ago on Long Island's east end I saw a display of his non-automotive designs including china and stationery from a luxury ship as well as many other of his designs.
                peter lee

Comment

I currently own a complete Tea Service that Mr. Loewy designed. He also designed the majority of the Lord and Taylor Department stores in the Northeast as well along with the Headquarters RR Station of the Norfolk and Western RR in Roanoke Virginia and many other nonrelated automobile items.
                  sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Working...
                  X