Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stude Bob is divesting (scrapping); and I know he has 'stuff' folks need.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stude Bob is divesting (scrapping); and I know he has 'stuff' folks need.

I haven't seen Bob Kabchef post anything here; but perhaps he will.
    I just saw his post on Facebook.
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...&theater&ifg=1
    "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

I am very interested in a Carter carburetor 3589S or plastic lenses for a 63 or 64 GT hawk
    thank you
    Mark

Comment

I always enjoyed his posts , info and Studebaker spirit. Shame on him.

Comment

At least his local chapter was able to go through the parts and pick up what they considered useful. He is doing some forward thinking, and getting things thinned out now, so that when he does have to move it will be taken care of. That seems like a better way to handle it than to pass the problem on to his family at a later date.

Comment

Yeah, it's better to sort it out now than have the family call a scrapper later.
          where's he located?

Comment

I believe he is based out of California?

For sure it is sad to hear, but unfortunately everything cannot be saved. I feel the market is getting tough for some of this stuff and given the volume he has to deal with, I'm not sure there is a better option especially if it has already been picked over.

Comment

The Club went and picked up alot of sheet metal. Still have a bunch after a few years. Had to move it twice no takers on the stuff. We did a catalog brought it to a few Meets posted online. On our club website. I found a temporary site to store it told him a year its been there three years. The southern California group looked yesterday they didn't take much . So it will be going to the scrap yard too. San Joaquin Valley Chapter. Its hard when you don't have a place to keep it.
              Mabel 1949 Champion
              Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
              Gus 1958 Transtar
              The Prez 1955 President State
              Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
              Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
              Fresno,Ca

Comment

Hey (S)-

Why shame on him? You can't make people take stuff. It's not like he hoarded a bunch of parts and goodies and is scrapping it without giving people ample opportunity to pick up what they need for their cars. What else does he owe the Studebaker community?
                Dean Seavers
                Sacramento, CA

Comment

Does anyone have his email address? He owes me some parts and he apparently doesn't read the forum any longer. I have tried to send him messages but never got a response.

Thanks
                  Dan White
                  64 R1 GT
                  64 R2 GT
                  58 C Cab
                  57 Broadmoor (Marvin)

Comment

If anyone has Bob's email, please don't post it in this thread. Please PM the member asking. Thanks.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Sorry I should have said PM it to me. Yes do not put it out here.
                      Dan White
                      64 R1 GT
                      64 R2 GT
                      58 C Cab
                      57 Broadmoor (Marvin)

Comment

Can't say as I blame him too very much. My own collection has gotten to be a bit much as well. Pretty sure I don't have one percent the good stuff Bob does.
                        Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                        K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                        Ron Smith
                        Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

I called Bob yesterday as I know Bob from the past and have done a few dealings with him over the years,Most of you know that I have given up my parts business and gotten rid of most of the parts but a young friend helped me move out of the large shop I had and some things came home and are in my 2 story 5 car 2600sq. foot garage, I have given the garage to Anthony to work out of and store parts and he wants to take over and become a parts man. We will be making a plan with Bob and heading down to his place soon and picking up what might be the first load of parts, I will be talking with Bob again later today. Some of you members know Anthony as he has been with me to a few meets and very active and wants more action. He was in Tacoma, South Bend 2 years ago, Sacramento this past week end, AZ when we delivered a couple of loads to Russ of Studebaker parts .com he and I have worked together on picking up cars and trucks to be shipped out of the country, he is young, strong, smart, and knows cars and how they work and what it takes to keep them running. Anthony has already started his list of people that have hired him to work on their car or truck. Look for more to come from CandBstudebakers the name might change some but we hope the service won't. Bob
                          Candbstudebakers
                          Castro Valley,
                          California

Comment

That's good news Bob. It works for both of you, if you can help him clean things up, make the useable parts available at swap meets. Wishing Anthony Good Luck in keeping things going.

Comment

Working...
                            X