Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• packard352
    replied
    Patrick Watts, owner of the Silver Hawk posted an advert on Facebook yesterday with the car now offered for sale as well as comments to being disqualified in the first race and told by the organiser not win the second race. Patrick made out he had brake fad issues, but now learn he was instructed to not win the race.... and got disqualified second time around. Go to Facebook and the Studebaker Addicts group page for the read, video and price

Leave a comment:

• Noxnabaker
    replied
    Had a Cortina, think it was my 3:rd car, there were 2 Lotus Cortina's in my neighbourhood too & they would leave rubber on all 4 gears going uphill... I think Ford Cortina & Volvo Amazon are the most well ballanced cars in their size. (Don't ask how many Amazon's I've had...)
    Anyway; I also think a chevy 350 is a wee bit disapointing in a Studebaker...
    Last edited by Noxnabaker; 09-20-2019, 11:54 AM.

Leave a comment:

• showbizkid
    replied
    Those Cortinas just eat up the straights and hug the curves when they're properly tuned. As well as the Lark was obviously set up, it's hard to get 'round something as nimble as they are.

Leave a comment:

• wittsend
    replied
    The Goodwood/St. Mary's Trophy is the absolute best racing there is. NASCAR and the NHRA could learn something what with their millions of dollars of rolling bill boards.

A few years back there was a 65 or 66 Studebaker with a SCB 283 (the "official engine") that was rather dominant. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wru5CPm4H1A

Last edited by showbizkid; 09-18-2019, 09:27 AM. Reason: Embedded video.

Leave a comment:

• 52-fan
    replied
    Certainly a non-Studebaker engine is disappointing.

Leave a comment:

• DonnyHod
    replied
    Did he knowingly break the rules?

Leave a comment:

• t walgamuth
    replied
    Nice handling car!

Leave a comment:

• Ron Dame
    replied
    It says on the hood, 350 CI. That's enough technical issue for me!

Leave a comment:

• 52-fan
    replied
    Did anyone say what the exact infringement was?

Leave a comment:

• Andy R.
    replied
    [... but after the race the Studebaker was disqualified for technical infringements,]

Battery Hold Bracket strikes again!

Leave a comment:

• rkapteyn
    started a topic Studebaker wins but is disqualified

Studebaker wins but is disqualified

https://www.goodwood.com/grr/event-c...-revival-2019/

One of the most exciting races of the weekend, vintage ‘50s touring cars duked it out on the circuit. Austins, Fords, Jaguar Mk1s and more gave us a classic ...
    Last edited by rkapteyn; 09-16-2019, 08:52 AM.
Working...
X