Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hawk Wins Touring Car Class at 2019 Goodwood Revival !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hawk Wins Touring Car Class at 2019 Goodwood Revival !

Karl Wendlinger trounced the competition at the Goodwood Revival this weekend. It was great that the event was streamed "live", and to see the Stude Hawk win the Touring Car class!
    Do we know more about this car? It definitely looks great (especially without the pink bumpers it used to have) and man, did it run !

I couldn't find a video of the actual race, but you can see it in practice here:

https://youtu.be/C16nKd2bHYQ
    Our feature race for today at the Goodwood 2019 Festival of Speed is the first of the two St Mary’s Trophy races – with the…
    -Matt

1963 GT Hawk
    1960 Metropolitan Convertible
    1972 AMC Javelin/ AMX
    1956 Cushman Eagle

Digging the double front sway bar - the Hawk is not that "big" of a car, but looks pretty portly compared to what it is running with.

Comment

I read the article. The Hawk was bounced after the race.... So it officially Did Not Finish. But it LOOKED great!
      The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Pile View Post
        I read the article. The Hawk was bounced after the race.... So it officially Did Not Finish. But it LOOKED great!
        Looks like 6 cars were disqualified for non-complience. However they didn't say what the issue was.
        David L

Comment

The Hawk sure does look good. I wonder what caused its disqualification.
          Joe Roberts
          '61 R1 Champ
          '65 Cruiser
          Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Looks like the hawk was running a chevy 350

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Pile View Post
              Chris- Thank you for the update and correction. (I'm trying to figure how to edit my original post...hmmm). Interesting that the article has been updated to include the disqualification(s). Sorry to hear that! Yes, I wonder what the "non-compliance" issue was.
              -Matt

1963 GT Hawk
              1960 Metropolitan Convertible
              1972 AMC Javelin/ AMX
              1956 Cushman Eagle

Comment

Working...
              X