This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1962 Lark Colors??

I've been thinking of colors I would eventually repaint my soon-new-to-me 1962 4dr lark.

I came across this photo, and I must say the color looks good on a Y body sedan.

Does anyone have an idea if this is a factory color or not?

Upon close study of the passengers side of the windshield there is a SDC sticker....This photo was said to be taken at a Raleigh NC area car show.....does anyone know who the owner of this car might be?

Kent
    (with thoughts of a not rusty 62 lark dancing in my head)

quote:Originally posted by 54-61-62

I've been thinking of colors I would eventually repaint my soon-new-to-me 1962 4dr lark.

I came across this photo, and I must say the color looks good on a Y body sedan.

Upon close study of the passengers side of the windshield there is a SDC sticker....This photo was said to be taken at a Raleigh NC area car show.....does anyone know who the owner of this car might be?

Kent

I have 2 1962 Lark Brochures (PD-62-08 & PD-62-09) and the blue color in them appears similar to the car in your photo, I'm sure some of the other guys will know the colors.

John Clements
    Avantilover, your South Australian Studebaker lover!!!
    Lockleys South Australia
    John Clements
    Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 54-61-62

Kent

I have 2 1962 Lark Brochures (PD-62-08 & PD-62-09) and the blue color in them appears similar to the car in your photo, I'm sure some of the other guys will know the colors.

John Clements
      Avantilover, your South Australian Studebaker lover!!!
      Lockleys South Australia
      John Clements
      Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

You can't always go by Studebaker's brochures for colors. They had gotten more accurate by the 60s but they didn't seem to be too concerned that the colors in the brochures weren't avalilable on the cars. That blue looks like a 63 color to me, but I may be wrong.The reason I say that is that I love that color and I wanted to paint my 63 Lark that color but I sold it before I got it painted. There is a 62 color chart on eBay now, and most auto paint stores have the old color charts.

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

You can't always go by Studebaker's brochures for colors. They had gotten more accurate by the 60s but they didn't seem to be too concerned that the colors in the brochures weren't avalilable on the cars. That blue looks like a 63 color to me, but I may be wrong.The reason I say that is that I love that color and I wanted to paint my 63 Lark that color but I sold it before I got it painted. There is a 62 color chart on eBay now, and most auto paint stores have the old color charts.

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

Morning:

I reside in Hamlet, NC which is about 101 miles South of Raleigh. The 62 Lark you show looks identical to a 62 that was owned by an older lady here. She and her late husband bought it new and she later traded it for a new 69 Buick Skylark GS that was one sweet car and something you wouldn't expect from her.

Her later cars were a 78 Buick Century and an 85 Buick Skylark. She drove thru the early 90's and died soon after she stopped driving.

That reminds me of another Studebaker Dealership that was in Rockingham, NC and where this Lark was purchased. C.R. Freeman Buick, Studebaker and Rambler. Thats diversity for you.

Bill Sapp
            Hamlet, NC

Comment

Morning:

I reside in Hamlet, NC which is about 101 miles South of Raleigh. The 62 Lark you show looks identical to a 62 that was owned by an older lady here. She and her late husband bought it new and she later traded it for a new 69 Buick Skylark GS that was one sweet car and something you wouldn't expect from her.

Her later cars were a 78 Buick Century and an 85 Buick Skylark. She drove thru the early 90's and died soon after she stopped driving.

That reminds me of another Studebaker Dealership that was in Rockingham, NC and where this Lark was purchased. C.R. Freeman Buick, Studebaker and Rambler. Thats diversity for you.

Bill Sapp
              Hamlet, NC

Comment

That looks like the blue mist metallic that was common on 1963 Larks. I do not remember it on 1962 models. I do not have any way to look it up here (besides my memory). You, or someone else, could probably research the available 1962 Lark colors.

Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)
                Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

That looks like the blue mist metallic that was common on 1963 Larks. I do not remember it on 1962 models. I do not have any way to look it up here (besides my memory). You, or someone else, could probably research the available 1962 Lark colors.

Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)
                  Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                  Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

My 62 was Riviera Blue. You could be looking for Metallic Green Poly.
                    Maybe this will help
                    Huge supplier of Automotive Paint, Auto Body Supplies, Airbrush Equipment, Car Detailing Supplies, Pinstripe Paint, Spray Guns & Safety Respirators at Wholesale Prices. Our items are factory direct and we carry a wide variety of Top Quality Brands.

Brad Johnson
                    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                    33 Rockne 10
                    51 Commander Starlight
                    53 Commander Starlight

previously: 63 Cruiser, 62 Regal VI, 60 VI convertible, 50 LandCruiser
                    Brad Johnson,
                    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

My 62 was Riviera Blue. You could be looking for Metallic Green Poly.
                      Maybe this will help
                      Huge supplier of Automotive Paint, Auto Body Supplies, Airbrush Equipment, Car Detailing Supplies, Pinstripe Paint, Spray Guns & Safety Respirators at Wholesale Prices. Our items are factory direct and we carry a wide variety of Top Quality Brands.

Brad Johnson
                      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                      33 Rockne 10
                      51 Commander Starlight
                      53 Commander Starlight

previously: 63 Cruiser, 62 Regal VI, 60 VI convertible, 50 LandCruiser
                      Brad Johnson,
                      SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                      '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

It looks like the metalic green. There is an early 70's GM truck color that is very close. I had a 62 convertible that color.
                        Denny L

Comment

It looks like the metalic green. There is an early 70's GM truck color that is very close. I had a 62 convertible that color.
                          Denny L

Comment

Working...
                          X