Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Though perhaps the most beautiful sound I've ever heard first hand coming from a Stude would have to be that of a '63 Avanti R4 clone. The sound coming from that car is one not to be forgotten. [^]

Well, riding in it was quite an experiace too.

Blogger is a blog publishing tool from Google for easily sharing your thoughts with the world. Blogger makes it simple to post text, photos and video onto your personal or team blog.

Comment

Though perhaps the most beautiful sound I've ever heard first hand coming from a Stude would have to be that of a '63 Avanti R4 clone. The sound coming from that car is one not to be forgotten. [^]

Well, riding in it was quite an experiace too.

Blogger is a blog publishing tool from Google for easily sharing your thoughts with the world. Blogger makes it simple to post text, photos and video onto your personal or team blog.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Swifster

Robert, only $200 and no bids. What's holding you back??? [}]

Tom - Lakeland, FL
        $305 as of right now with over 5 days left- plus it's 265 miles away...

We'll see where it's at the last day; I tend to be a last-minute bidder

Robert K. Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
        Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Swifster

Robert, only $200 and no bids. What's holding you back??? [}]

Tom - Lakeland, FL
          $305 as of right now with over 5 days left- plus it's 265 miles away...

We'll see where it's at the last day; I tend to be a last-minute bidder

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

From the ad.

If he doesn't sell this car, someone please do him a favor and tell him about SDC! [8D]

Comment

From the ad.

If he doesn't sell this car, someone please do him a favor and tell him about SDC! [8D]

Comment

UPDATE:

I decided I was interested in this car; so I e-mailed the seller and asked about the front floors, and if he could send a few pics; this was his reply:

Unfortunatly, someone local who saw the auction came by and took a good look at it. He has several studebakers and told me that, indeed, under the floor is where the most common rot is. (This was news to me). He pulled up the mats and saw lots of floor rot. On the bright side, he was impressed with the engine bay and trunk condition (rust-wise). The car is stored at my mothers house in CT, and I live in boston, so I can't take pictures in time for you. I hope this answers your question.

-Jim P.

I was intending to bid last-minute, as is usually my style; but I'm out now...

If you're interested, this is your heads-up... on the bright side, the seller gets points for honesty in my book! [^]

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

UPDATE:

I decided I was interested in this car; so I e-mailed the seller and asked about the front floors, and if he could send a few pics; this was his reply:

Unfortunatly, someone local who saw the auction came by and took a good look at it. He has several studebakers and told me that, indeed, under the floor is where the most common rot is. (This was news to me). He pulled up the mats and saw lots of floor rot. On the bright side, he was impressed with the engine bay and trunk condition (rust-wise). The car is stored at my mothers house in CT, and I live in boston, so I can't take pictures in time for you. I hope this answers your question.

-Jim P.

I was intending to bid last-minute, as is usually my style; but I'm out now...

If you're interested, this is your heads-up... on the bright side, the seller gets points for honesty in my book! [^]

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Where exactly is the rust?? You might still get those pics. My dads
                    64 Hawk was missing the floor from the hump to the door sil, but the
                    door mount structure was completely solid. Studes rust at the floor,
                    so I wouldnt be too concerned, until you know the specifics. "Lots of
                    floor rot" can mean different things to different people, could be an
                    entire panel eaten away, or simply rough metal. Also keep in mind a
                    "local" guy who has a lot of Studes, might be looking for another easy
                    kill. He could be making it out to this person to be WORSE then it is
                    so he can get it himself![B)]

Tom
                    '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
                    Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
                    http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...bracket-update
                    I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

Where exactly is the rust?? You might still get those pics. My dads
                      64 Hawk was missing the floor from the hump to the door sil, but the
                      door mount structure was completely solid. Studes rust at the floor,
                      so I wouldnt be too concerned, until you know the specifics. "Lots of
                      floor rot" can mean different things to different people, could be an
                      entire panel eaten away, or simply rough metal. Also keep in mind a
                      "local" guy who has a lot of Studes, might be looking for another easy
                      kill. He could be making it out to this person to be WORSE then it is
                      so he can get it himself![B)]

Tom
                      '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
                      Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
                      I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

Sent a reply thanking him for his honesty and just got this reply:

"I updated the listing with that information... If it is already bid up too high (with the new information) for the highest bidder, I'll allow him to walk on the deal. And if that happens, I will contact you.

I'm not out to screw anyone and just want the car to go to a good home.

Thanks
                        -Jim P."

As he said, more pics aren't possible; so it's hard to tell... but based on his attitude, if the deal falls through, I may still make a deal...

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Sent a reply thanking him for his honesty and just got this reply:

"I updated the listing with that information... If it is already bid up too high (with the new information) for the highest bidder, I'll allow him to walk on the deal. And if that happens, I will contact you.

I'm not out to screw anyone and just want the car to go to a good home.

Thanks
                          -Jim P."

As he said, more pics aren't possible; so it's hard to tell... but based on his attitude, if the deal falls through, I may still make a deal...

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Well, someone can take pics for you. Anyone on the forum live in that
                            area that can swing by and take a couple shots?

Tom

(My offer still stands on the Avanti in Hawaii, as soon as I get the
                            ticket, I will have my camera in hand - bags already packed!).

Comment

Well, someone can take pics for you. Anyone on the forum live in that
                              area that can swing by and take a couple shots?

Tom

(My offer still stands on the Avanti in Hawaii, as soon as I get the
                              ticket, I will have my camera in hand - bags already packed!).

Comment

Nah, I'm not that hot on it... the auction's not over till tomorrow and at $455 it's beyond what I want to pay...

If it falls thru and I can get it cheaper, then I'd be interested...

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Working...
                                X