This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got gypped!

My grandad told me that earlier this week he was delivering a load of sand to a job site in the '51 2R16 Dump Truck I won in the raffle and traded him for the Scotsman PU. He said that suddenly the engine
    started to rattle[:0](245 Big 6) and then started to knock.[xx(] It's either a rod or the timing gear may be stripped. (That happened to the Scotsman PU. We thought it was a rod, but we replaced the timing gear and the little motor's never ran so good) My grandad's gonna pull the pan and see what the problem is. Hopefully we'll get lucky and it won't be anything too serious.[:I] But, if it is, he has another big 6 destined for the fire truck, but it's a long ways down the list of projects.[^] Now I'll bet that most of you are REALLY glad you didn't win it!

Note: I corrected the spelling in the title.

Blogger is a blog publishing tool from Google for easily sharing your thoughts with the world. Blogger makes it simple to post text, photos and video onto your personal or team blog.

Matt,
    Are you kidding?

Anyone that bought tickets, and a lot who didn't, would love to have that truck, when all it may need is an engine.

You and the other Georgia members that worked on her did a great job.

And Grandpa still got a heckofa good deal on the trade!

[img=left]http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j259/stude53/studesmall2.jpg[/img=left]Bob Feaganes (stude53)
    53 Starliner Hardtop
    Newton Grove, NC

Comment

Matt,
      Are you kidding?

Anyone that bought tickets, and a lot who didn't, would love to have that truck, when all it may need is an engine.

You and the other Georgia members that worked on her did a great job.

And Grandpa still got a heckofa good deal on the trade!

[img=left]http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j259/stude53/studesmall2.jpg[/img=left]Bob Feaganes (stude53)
      53 Starliner Hardtop
      Newton Grove, NC

Comment

I'd have been happy to win it WITHOUT an engine!

Miscreant adrift in
        the BerStuda Triangle!!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
        1960 Larkvertible V8
        1958 Provincial wagon
        1953 Commander coupe
        No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I'd have been happy to win it WITHOUT an engine!

Miscreant adrift in
          the BerStuda Triangle!!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
          1960 Larkvertible V8
          1958 Provincial wagon
          1953 Commander coupe
          No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

ayup, it sucks that it grenaded but I will gladly take any truck with a solid body and functional brakes whether or not it has an engine installed!

nate

--
            55 Commander Starlight
            --
            55 Commander Starlight
            http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

ayup, it sucks that it grenaded but I will gladly take any truck with a solid body and functional brakes whether or not it has an engine installed!

nate

--
              55 Commander Starlight
              --
              55 Commander Starlight

Comment

quote:Originally posted by N8N

Nate,

You sound like the perfect next owner of my 1962 7E7 Champ pickup. It is from southern California and has a 259 4V and a 4 speed transmission. It does have non stock wheels and an aftermarket steering wheel. I would guess that I am around 3 hours from you. If you are interested let me know and I can send you a link to a bunch of pictures I put up on the 'net. I am looking to get my investment of $3500 out of it.

If you need a bigger truck, i can hook you up also!

Gary

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by N8N

Nate,

You sound like the perfect next owner of my 1962 7E7 Champ pickup. It is from southern California and has a 259 4V and a 4 speed transmission. It does have non stock wheels and an aftermarket steering wheel. I would guess that I am around 3 hours from you. If you are interested let me know and I can send you a link to a bunch of pictures I put up on the 'net. I am looking to get my investment of $3500 out of it.

If you need a bigger truck, i can hook you up also!

Gary

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Comment

Gary,

sounds good to me, IIRC you are near Richmond? that's more like 2 hours if that. But sadly that's way out of my price range for the forseeable future. I am kind of halfheartedly looking for a truck right now, doesn't have to be a Stude, just something functional to haul stuff around in. Preferably not too big so I can park it in my driveway without taking up too much space. Was hoping for something old and cool but like I said I am only half looking because of financial constraints

nate

--
                    55 Commander Starlight
                    --
                    55 Commander Starlight

Comment

Gary,

sounds good to me, IIRC you are near Richmond? that's more like 2 hours if that. But sadly that's way out of my price range for the forseeable future. I am kind of halfheartedly looking for a truck right now, doesn't have to be a Stude, just something functional to haul stuff around in. Preferably not too big so I can park it in my driveway without taking up too much space. Was hoping for something old and cool but like I said I am only half looking because of financial constraints

nate

--
                      55 Commander Starlight
                      --
                      55 Commander Starlight

Comment

Nate,

I am in the Richmond suburbs, but my treasures are stored west of town. You would have been a candidate for a couple of '63 T cabs I sold earlier in the year to a fellow in West Virginia.

However, lets try this. I have a '57 3E5 1/2 ton pickup that is currently without an engine and transmission (and I suspect brakes). Sure it has a bit of rust in the front fenters, but if you have a motor and tranny it could be low cost transportation. I would like $650 for it, but I have been known to dicker.

Gary

Comment

Nate,

I am in the Richmond suburbs, but my treasures are stored west of town. You would have been a candidate for a couple of '63 T cabs I sold earlier in the year to a fellow in West Virginia.

However, lets try this. I have a '57 3E5 1/2 ton pickup that is currently without an engine and transmission (and I suspect brakes). Sure it has a bit of rust in the front fenters, but if you have a motor and tranny it could be low cost transportation. I would like $650 for it, but I have been known to dicker.

Gary

Comment

As I recall, you won that dump truck in a raffle? Still sounds like a good deal to me. The one who got gypped was your grandfather who traded you a good running pickup.[}] With the resorces that your family has, I don't think it's that much of a big deal though. Your Grampa will have that old truck up and running before long.

Lotsa Larks!
                            K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                            Ron Smith
                            Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                            Ron Smith
                            Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

As I recall, you won that dump truck in a raffle? Still sounds like a good deal to me. The one who got gypped was your grandfather who traded you a good running pickup.[}] With the resorces that your family has, I don't think it's that much of a big deal though. Your Grampa will have that old truck up and running before long.

Lotsa Larks!
                              Ron Smith
                              Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                              Ron Smith
                              Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Working...
                              X