X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lstude
    replied
    Here is an even lighter picture of it.

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Leave a comment:

• lstude
    replied
    I copied the picture and lightened it up to see the roof better. It looks like it might be a GT Hawk roofline with the 53-58 side windows. The hood scoop looks like 57-58 Golden Hawk and the grille texture looks like 62 Lark. The engine looks like a stock 54 Commander except for the light bulb holder placed on the inner fender There is something going on at the cowl also. To sum it up, it is just sad.

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Leave a comment:

• lstude
    replied
    I copied the picture and lightened it up to see the roof better. It looks like it might be a GT Hawk roofline with the 53-58 side windows. The hood scoop looks like 57-58 Golden Hawk and the grille texture looks like 62 Lark. The engine looks like a stock 54 Commander except for the light bulb holder placed on the inner fender There is something going on at the cowl also. To sum it up, it is just sad.

Leave a comment:

• 8E45E
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by 65cruiser

The fins strangely don't have the upward sweep. The engine appears to be an earlier engine also. The roofline is wrong, the fins are wrong, I think the hoodscoop is wrong. The grille mesh sort of resembles a 62 Lark mesh but I can't get good enough look at it to tell.

Those pics were posted before on the Newsgroup. Its of the styling study of how a Thunderbird-like roofline would look on a K body. Apparently it was done by O'Chapps Bodyworks in South Bend. There was a write-up in TW around 1979 or '80 or so.

Craig.

Looks like it could be a modified '54 because of the instrument panel and quarter windows. But who knows?

[/quote]

Leave a comment:

• 8E45E
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by 65cruiser

The fins strangely don't have the upward sweep. The engine appears to be an earlier engine also. The roofline is wrong, the fins are wrong, I think the hoodscoop is wrong. The grille mesh sort of resembles a 62 Lark mesh but I can't get good enough look at it to tell.

Those pics were posted before on the Newsgroup. Its of the styling study of how a Thunderbird-like roofline would look on a K body. Apparently it was done by O'Chapps Bodyworks in South Bend. There was a write-up in TW around 1979 or '80 or so.

Craig.

Looks like it could be a modified '54 because of the instrument panel and quarter windows. But who knows?

[/quote]

Leave a comment:

• N8N
    replied
    I think this was discussed before, either here or on the newsgroup, IIRC it was determined that the car was actually a GT Hawk styling study/prototype that was cobbled together by a SB body shop from an earlier K-body.

nate

--
    55 Commander Starlight

Leave a comment:

• N8N
    replied
    I think this was discussed before, either here or on the newsgroup, IIRC it was determined that the car was actually a GT Hawk styling study/prototype that was cobbled together by a SB body shop from an earlier K-body.

nate

--
    55 Commander Starlight

Leave a comment:

• 65cruiser
    replied

quote:Originally posted by Blue 15G

I've seen it somewhere on the web before too, awhile ago. At first I thought "ebay", but now I don't think so. I just can't remember for sure.

Leave a comment:

• 65cruiser
    replied

quote:Originally posted by Blue 15G

I've seen it somewhere on the web before too, awhile ago. At first I thought "ebay", but now I don't think so. I just can't remember for sure.

Leave a comment:

• Blue 15G
    replied
    The fuel pump is mounted up high near the oil filler too. Wasn't '54 the last year for that location on the V-8?

Leave a comment:

• Blue 15G
    replied
    The fuel pump is mounted up high near the oil filler too. Wasn't '54 the last year for that location on the V-8?

Leave a comment:

• Blue 15G
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Blue 15G
    replied

Leave a comment:

• 65cruiser
    started a topic Troublesome Studebaker Pictures

Troublesome Studebaker Pictures

I was doing some surfing today and ran across some troublesome Studebaker pics[}]. I really can't figure out what is going on here:

There's really something wrong with this roofline, and the fins. The interior is from a much earlier model--I'm so confused.

Here's another picture I found that I think is the same car from the side:

At first, it looks like it was built with parts from different year Studebaker's but I've not seen some of these parts before. Even the grille mesh looks--different

Working...
X