No announcement yet.

58 packard wagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The antenna's on a 57 Packard are something I have been wondering about for a while also. In the 1957 Clipper accessory catalog, it mentions them being motorized. Where all them set up to go up and down automatically?

1957 Packard Clipper
    1958 Golden Hawk
    1963 Daytona Convertible
    1963 R2 Daytona
    1963 R2 GT Hawk
    1963 R1 Wagonaire
    1963 R4 Avanti
    1964 Champ
    1966 Cruiser

Comment

Yes I did send the seller an email to provide numbers. His car is #17 on the registry. As for the antennas, only on 58 Packard wagons did duals come standard. They were located between the tailgate and fender. They were manual. On the 57 Packard wagons, I do not know if they were all motorized, the one that I have does have dual electric rear antennas. they are located on the top of the fins. Take care

58 Packard Wgn (Parade Red)
      58 Packard Wgn (Park Green)
      58 Packard Sdn (Shadowtone Red)
      62 Daytona (White)
      63 R2 Lark (Super Red)

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 58PackardWagon

Yes I did send the seller an email to provide numbers. His car is #17 on the registry.
        Uhh, what I meant was- did you ask for the serial number and/or body number yet?

StudeDave [8D]
        StudeDave '57
        US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
        SDC Member since 1985

past President
        Whatcom County Chapter SDC
        San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
        San Diego Chapter SDC
        North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Prolly, there is a NOS tailgate emblem(or maybe several) in the glovebox, that the original owner never got around to installing, that are included in the deal. Just kidding. The good news is that this is the third unrestored 58 I've seen that pictures the engine air cleaner housing, and so far all of them seem to match the one I bought for my 58. See, this came into question awhile back, when a certain someone swore that this housing design was actually a 65 Lincoln part. Guess putting 65 Linkin' air cleaners on 58 Packards was the Hot Setup, way back when. Not really. Now, I figure that I do have the real McCoy. That particular example may be above average for a barn car, due to living out in the desert. Great Project. Hope it falls into loving hands, & not those of a butcher.

Comment

Yes I received both the serial # and body #. The air cleaner is correct. The engine compartment looks like it has everything. It was repainted at one time, both the exterior of the car and the engine are not correct colors. The engine is supposed to be bright silver with the air cleaner, generator, power steering pump, brake booster, battery tray and valve covers being black.

62 Daytona (White)
            63 R2 Lark (Super Red)

Comment

This one sold for $6200.00 Great price for a rust free Packard wagon. the individual who bought this one just completed restoration on this second 58 Packard Wagon.....now he begins on a third. He does an outstanding job on his cars and completes them to be 100% original.

62 Daytona (White)
              63 R2 Lark (Super Red)

Comment

Am glad to see that this solid, complete car went to a serious restorer for a premium price. IIRC, the fellow that submitted the top bid for this car also bought the NOS tailgate emblem on EBay for around $1100 awhile back. Obviously, a true devotee of the last-year Packard.

Comment

I sold him the emblem. He is a great guy to work with and very serious about having these cars as perfect as possible. Because of the quality of work that he does, I would consider selling him another emblem. I have a few that I picked up last year. They are extremely tough to find. We will have to see, I need to save a few for my restorations.

62 Daytona (White)
                  63 R2 Lark (Super Red)

Comment

Working...
                  X