X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quote:Originally posted by lstude

Maybe it is the TERMINATOR!

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/
    Good Suggestion, Leonard! [}] Thanks. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by lstude

Maybe it is the TERMINATOR!

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/
      Good Suggestion, Leonard! [}] Thanks. BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by BobPalma

[quote
        Does it have Twin Traction?
        Craig
        Yes it does, Craig. We thought of that, but there's only one T on the plate.

The how about Two-tone paint!!??! That was an option, even though 95% of the GH's had it! Or maybe Dual Exhuast (ala one of the '2's on Olds 442), or 2 doors??? (What brought the topic on in the first place..imagine...a 4-door Charger[V]!)

Craig

Craig.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by BobPalma

[quote
          Does it have Twin Traction?
          Craig
          Yes it does, Craig. We thought of that, but there's only one T on the plate.

The how about Two-tone paint!!??! That was an option, even though 95% of the GH's had it! Or maybe Dual Exhuast (ala one of the '2's on Olds 442), or 2 doors??? (What brought the topic on in the first place..imagine...a 4-door Charger[V]!)

Craig

Craig.

Comment

Does it have a high temperature thermostat? []

Lark Parker aka Trim Trader
            sigpic
            Lark Parker --Just an innocent possum strolling down life's highway.

Comment

Does it have a high temperature thermostat? []

Lark Parker aka Trim Trader
              sigpic
              Lark Parker --Just an innocent possum strolling down life's highway.

Comment

Bob P. - You mention an Iowa plate. I thought that George moved from Iowa to Colorado. Did he move back?

After your post about your trip to pick up the GH, I read where a Studebaker person was looking for a haul on/in a trailer from Connecticut to Indiana (he was picking up a Studebaker in Indiana to bring to Connecticut). Bad timing.

Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)
                Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Bob P. - You mention an Iowa plate. I thought that George moved from Iowa to Colorado. Did he move back?

After your post about your trip to pick up the GH, I read where a Studebaker person was looking for a haul on/in a trailer from Connecticut to Indiana (he was picking up a Studebaker in Indiana to bring to Connecticut). Bad timing.

Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                  Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

quote:Originally posted by studegary

Gary L.
                    Wappinger, NY

Yes, Gary; George and Ludene moved from Colorado back to Iowa in August. He was able to resume playing the trombone professionally after his shoulder got repaired, and he got his "chair" back at the Cedar Rapids Symphony, so they moved to Robins IA, a "suburb" of Cedar Rapids.

Actually, the timing worked out very well. [:I] My wife was on fall break from teaching school and wanted some adventure out of town only two days after George bought the Golden Hawk. We were able to time it so we could see our son while we were over there to retrieve the GH. Son Joe lives in New York City, but took a commuter train 40 minutes north to Greenwich CT. We met him at the train station and had a good visit over brunch in Greenwich, so the trip was a nice time overall. [8D] BP

Comment

quote:Originally posted by studegary

Gary L.
                      Wappinger, NY

Yes, Gary; George and Ludene moved from Colorado back to Iowa in August. He was able to resume playing the trombone professionally after his shoulder got repaired, and he got his "chair" back at the Cedar Rapids Symphony, so they moved to Robins IA, a "suburb" of Cedar Rapids.

Actually, the timing worked out very well. [:I] My wife was on fall break from teaching school and wanted some adventure out of town only two days after George bought the Golden Hawk. We were able to time it so we could see our son while we were over there to retrieve the GH. Son Joe lives in New York City, but took a commuter train 40 minutes north to Greenwich CT. We met him at the train station and had a good visit over brunch in Greenwich, so the trip was a nice time overall. [8D] BP

Comment

Working...
                      X