Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'61 Lark Wagon arrives from Calif.(more pix)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quote:Originally posted by jackb

Steve: If pulling the plugs one at a time did not help with the noise, you likely don't have a rod knock. On the ride height.....if I were going to replace the front bushings with new, I'd scare up a pair of new springs while you're apart and install them now(of course, that's my $$).
    On tires.....I found the longer wheelbase wagons don't need PS at least with the 6 cylinder, never had an 8 in a wagon. Despite your beautiful neighborhood, recall you're in Texas...If mostly open country, PS is rarely needed. Here in the Northeast its mandatory unless you go with the 6.70 bias repops.....GL
    [)]Thanks for the input. That is exactly what I'm going to do with the front end. I know some of the guys have commented that the height looks ok, but in person you can really tell that it has sagged. It doesn't have power steering, but in the brief "around the block" drives I've had it on, it really doesn't need it. And that's with mismatched-underinflated tires. I'm also going to install air conditioning to cope with these hot Texas summers. My thought on tires is to go with the largest size radial that the stock wheels will tolerate.[)]

steve blake

steve blake...roaming the Texas Panhandle in my trusty Champ pickup
    http://tinyurl.com/kr3gt

Comment

[)]I bought this Lark from an SDC member in California by the name of Jeff Paul. He sold this and 5 other Studebakers because he was relocating to Texas. He subsequently moved to May,Texas. I'm wondering if anyone here on the forum knows this guy or how to get in touch with him. Since he moved to Texas, I have lost touch with him and I have yet to receive the title for the wagon. I'm sure he's just forgotten with his move and all as he seems to be a real straight up guy. So, anyway, just a shot in the dark trying to locate him.[)]

steve blake

Comment

Arkiejazz, I was doing some google searching (cuz it's my friend!) to learn about May and see if maybe there would be a link to copy for you. Then I noticed where you live. Assumptions are always trouble, so I'll ask, you DO know where May is, don't you? Just south of Cisco off I-20, maybe you could spend a beautiful summer day to drive down there and find a county appraiser's office to tell you where Paul lives.

BTW, although I had looked at your first photo posting, I didn't know till just now where you live. Without divulging anything you don't want known, are you close to Elwood Park? Houses look like it. Maybe east a few blocks? I live in Lubbock, but most of my family has lived in Amarillo longer than all of my life.

Are you a member of the HPSDC?

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

Steve, May is just down the road (in Texas terms) from where we live. It is also about the same size as Strawn. I drove down there last fall on a wild goose chase to look a M Series Truck. Email me off line with the details and I will see what I can do.
          Bill Elbert

Bill Elbert

59 4E11
          58 Champion
          57 3E11
          48 M16
          46 M15
          41 M5

Comment

quote:Originally posted by BobGlasscock

Arkiejazz, I was doing some google searching (cuz it's my friend!) to learn about May and see if maybe there would be a link to copy for you. Then I noticed where you live. Assumptions are always trouble, so I'll ask, you DO know where May is, don't you? Just south of Cisco off I-20, maybe you could spend a beautiful summer day to drive down there and find a county appraiser's office to tell you where Paul lives.

BTW, although I had looked at your first photo posting, I didn't know till just now where you live. Without divulging anything you don't want known, are you close to Elwood Park? Houses look like it. Maybe east a few blocks? I live in Lubbock, but most of my family has lived in Amarillo longer than all of my life.

Are you a member of the HPSDC?

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

[)]Hi Bob, I live near Amarillo College which puts me closer to Memorial Park than Elwood. Don't mind at all for folks aknowin where I hang my hat. Drop by and sit a spell if you're up this way.[)]

steve blake

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Bill Elbert

Steve, May is just down the road (in Texas terms) from where we live. It is also about the same size as Strawn. I drove down there last fall on a wild goose chase to look a M Series Truck. Email me off line with the details and I will see what I can do.
              Bill Elbert

Bill Elbert

59 4E11
              58 Champion
              57 3E11
              48 M16
              46 M15
              41 M5
              [)]Thanks Bill! Check your email...well, in 10 minutes or so. I do have an address out on a county road for him.[)]

steve blake

Comment

Working...
              X