X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quote:Originally posted by mbstude

quote:However, there also was a '72(?) Caddy 2 door station wagon
    Cadillac made station wagons? [:0]

Cadillac never made wagons for the public, but there were a few (around 4 or 5) that were made by GM in either '74 or '75. These were based on the Fleetwood. I actually saw the real deal around '76 or '77.

Other than those 4 or 5, the rest are conversions. Remember, most Cadillacs have another car being built in another division. It wouldn't be that hard to add Caddy quarters to a Buick or Olds wagon and then add a Cadillac front clip. As for the 2-door version, Eldorado's were not immune from being converted.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tom - Lakeland, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona

Michigan Speed - www.michiganspeed.com
    Club Hot Rod - www.clubhotrod.com
    LS1 Tech - www.ls1tech.com
    Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
    1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

quote:Originally posted by mbstude

quote:However, there also was a '72(?) Caddy 2 door station wagon
      Cadillac made station wagons? [:0]

Cadillac never made wagons for the public, but there were a few (around 4 or 5) that were made by GM in either '74 or '75. These were based on the Fleetwood. I actually saw the real deal around '76 or '77.

Other than those 4 or 5, the rest are conversions. Remember, most Cadillacs have another car being built in another division. It wouldn't be that hard to add Caddy quarters to a Buick or Olds wagon and then add a Cadillac front clip. As for the 2-door version, Eldorado's were not immune from being converted.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Tom - Lakeland, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona

Michigan Speed - www.michiganspeed.com
      Club Hot Rod - www.clubhotrod.com
      LS1 Tech - www.ls1tech.com
      Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
      1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

There was a real nice 53/54 coupe in Omaha with a big Caddy engine. It was a pale green w/Moon disc wheel covers. It looked great -- plain-but just right. It was for sale. I was afraid to ask how much so I didn't.
        Joe Roberts
        Joe Roberts
        '61 R1 Champ
        '65 Cruiser
        Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

There was a real nice 53/54 coupe in Omaha with a big Caddy engine. It was a pale green w/Moon disc wheel covers. It looked great -- plain-but just right. It was for sale. I was afraid to ask how much so I didn't.
          Joe Roberts
          Joe Roberts
          '61 R1 Champ
          '65 Cruiser
          Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

I just may have to get a picture for you. The doors would not open but it had an 8.2 litre emblem on the side (I guess this would place it later than a '72). I mentioned to the owner that the rear roof looked similar to a Pontiac Safari wagon. The owner stated that it was a rare car, the hood is about as long as the rest!

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

I just may have to get a picture for you. The doors would not open but it had an 8.2 litre emblem on the side (I guess this would place it later than a '72). I mentioned to the owner that the rear roof looked similar to a Pontiac Safari wagon. The owner stated that it was a rare car, the hood is about as long as the rest!

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

Our '71 Eldo ragtop has 8.2 Litre on the side, and it's the 500 c.i. engine.

Comment

Our '71 Eldo ragtop has 8.2 Litre on the side, and it's the 500 c.i. engine.

Comment

Man! From the blue overspray on the dirt, you can tell that tranny's freshly overhauled![)]

Miscreant adrift in
                    the BerStuda Triangle!!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                    1960 Larkvertible V8
                    1958 Provincial wagon
                    1953 Commander coupe
                    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Man! From the blue overspray on the dirt, you can tell that tranny's freshly overhauled![)]

Miscreant adrift in
                      the BerStuda Triangle!!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                      1960 Larkvertible V8
                      1958 Provincial wagon
                      1953 Commander coupe
                      No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by JRoberts

He was asking $20k. It was a fairly simple car and done right. Very sano. I was not crazy about the moon disks on it, but they are easily changed.

Dick Steinkamp
                        Bellingham, WA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by JRoberts

He was asking $20k. It was a fairly simple car and done right. Very sano. I was not crazy about the moon disks on it, but they are easily changed.

Dick Steinkamp
                          Bellingham, WA

Comment

There were also some Caddie wagons done up in the 50's as well~ and NO I don't mean a hearse or ambulance!!! I think the one I saw was a '55... [:0] [?]

StudeDave [8D]
                            V/P San Diego County SDC
                            San Diego, Ca

'54 Commander 4dr 'Ruby'
                            '57 Parkview (it's a 2dr wagon...) 'Betsy'
                            '57 Commander 2dr 'Baby'
                            '57 Champion 2dr 'Jewel'
                            '58 Packard sedan 'Cleo'
                            '65 Cruiser 'Sweet Pea'
                            StudeDave '57
                            US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                            SDC Member since 1985

past President
                            Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                            San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                            San Diego Chapter SDC
                            North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

There were also some Caddie wagons done up in the 50's as well~ and NO I don't mean a hearse or ambulance!!! I think the one I saw was a '55... [:0] [?]

StudeDave [8D]
                              V/P San Diego County SDC
                              San Diego, Ca

'54 Commander 4dr 'Ruby'
                              '57 Parkview (it's a 2dr wagon...) 'Betsy'
                              '57 Commander 2dr 'Baby'
                              '57 Champion 2dr 'Jewel'
                              '58 Packard sedan 'Cleo'
                              '65 Cruiser 'Sweet Pea'
                              StudeDave '57
                              US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                              SDC Member since 1985

past President
                              Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                              San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                              San Diego Chapter SDC
                              North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Below is a picture of a Cadillac wagon that was for sale at Hershey. It was missing both of the rear side glass panels. I hope these were stock GM glass or they might be really hard to find.

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

Working...
                                X