Diamonds in the rough

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diamonds in the rough

There is a used car lot here in Richmond that specializes in old cars. I posted the pictures last summer, but I went by the lot again today and he has added a few more cars.

I call it diamonds because according to his prices, he thinks they are diamonds, but the pictures are interesting.

I felt sad when I saw the 63 Wagonaire. I saw it at a couple of car shows about 5 years ago and the last time I saw it was in the car coral. Today when I saw it, I couldn't believe how it had gone down so fast. It used to be a real nice car.

Here is the link:

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/563175952zqQzmv

Leonard Shepherd
    http://leonardshepherd.com/

Wow.

That kind of lot disappeared out here a long, long time ago. Amazing to find so many S-P and AMC products in one little place!

That yellow Nash has been on ePay a couple of times. No takers, of course... wonder why

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
    '63 F2/Lark Standard
    http://studeblogger.blogspot.com
    www.studebakersandiego.com

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Very interesting cars. No lots like that around here, thanks for sharing.
      IMHO - Nash had a corner on ugly, and age hasn't helped any.

San antonio TX. 53 Champion Coupe, to be brought back from the dead.
      "Of course it will fit, I have a torch"

Comment

Leonard, what's the story on this place?? You refer to it as a "used car lot", which suggests a working business that makes regular sales. Is it that, or is it a hoarder who poses as a dealer, and puts crazy prices on his stuff? A lot of the stuff looks like it's been sitting a long time...

Looking at the pics, I'd like to look over everything there- and I see at least a dozen cars I'd like to bring home- starting with the Wagonaire[]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
        Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

Is this the guy that had the GT body you showed last year?

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
          Parish, central NY 13131

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

quote: Is this the guy that had the GT body you showed last year?
            Yes, that is the same car. It is a real used car lot, but I think his prices are so high that he doesn't move many cars. He used the be an AMC new car dealer in the 70s & 80s.

Here is a picture of the 63 Wagonaire at the car show in Richmond about 5 years ago. [u] So sad!</u>

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

You know, that Wagonaire still doesn't look bad, mostly the paint! I'm almost tempted to call and ask his price......

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Leonard, I don't believe that's the same car, unless the roof rack was removed between five years ago and now.

I didn't want to believe that a Stude could deteriorate so much in five years, unless driven in salty snow daily like the old days!

I'm pretty sure I've commented on this before, but that brownish '62 Lark in the one picture...I can remember three '62 Larks owned by people I knew, when I was a kid...two four-doors and one wagon...and ALL were that brownish color! What was up with dat?!

Bill Pressler
                Kent, OH
                '63 Lark Daytona Skytop R1
                (Yes, the 'Kent' where 180 people got sick at Chipotle restaurant last week, as made 'famous' on aol's opening page today! My kids' favorite restaurant by far, too.)
                Bill Pressler
                Kent, OH
                (formerly Greenville, PA)
                Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
                Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
                1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
                1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
                All are in Australia now

Comment

The telephone number is on the sign. The area code is 804.

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

quote: Leonard, I don't believe that's the same car, unless the roof rack was removed between five years ago and now.

I didn't want to believe that a Stude could deteriorate so much in five years, unless driven in salty snow daily like the old days!
                    Maybe you are right Bill. Could there be two green Wagonaires in Richmond! [:0][:0][:0]

Upon looking at both cars more closely, I see a lot of differences. The wheel rims, and wheel covers beside the roof rack

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

Two Daytona Wagonaires, both in spring color Sea Spray Green, hard to imagine!

Bill Pressler
                      Kent, OH
                      '63 Lark Daytona Skytop R1
                      Bill Pressler
                      Kent, OH
                      (formerly Greenville, PA)
                      Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
                      Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
                      1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
                      1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
                      All are in Australia now

Comment

Looking at all those rust belt rotted Studebakers on one lot is very unusual, it makes me think he bought a Stude. collectors collection!

But being an X AMC dealer may explain it!

StudeRich
                        Studebakers Northwest
                        Ferndale, WA
                        StudeRich
                        Second Generation Stude Driver,
                        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Well since I am about 2 hours (DC area) from Richmond I called to see what he is asking. He wasnt in but a nice young lady told me the Studebaker Daytona Wagon was a running V8 3 spd driver that can be mine for the bargin price of $3750 green cash money. They are open tues-fri daytime not on weekends cause he is a churchgoing man..which is good since it appears he will need a miracle to sell at this price...

Comment

Those are Central Florida prices.

quote:Originally posted by ISpy

Well since I am about 2 hours (DC area) from Richmond I called to see what he is asking. He wasnt in but a nice young lady told me the Studebaker Daytona Wagon was a running V8 3 spd driver that can be mine for the bargin price of $3750 green cash money. They are open tues-fri daytime not on weekends cause he is a churchgoing man..which is good since it appears he will need a miracle to sell at this price...

Orlando FLA
                            Orlando FLA

Comment

I just received this email from one of our club members.

I recently sold Rob Norfleet the 57 Ford shown in the photos, and also a 54 Packard. My dealings with him were very satisfactory. Carl Bowmer

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

Working...
                              X